Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is a Trap and shotgun site, but since most of us are still locked down.
I know there are a lot of us that do load for pistol and rifle.

Have any of you had any experience with Lee's APP press?

Thank you,
Ajax

·
Premium Member
442 Posts
Looks like that press is really designed to prep brass or used as a single stage press.

1st; Are you looking to load rifle or pistol?
2nd; Semi auto or single shot?
3rd: Hunting or Plink'n

I use Dillon a 650 and 550s for most of my reloading. A RCBS Rock Chucker for case forming/load work-up. A Forestor Co-Ax for the real reach out and touch them!

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm looking at it from a case prep view.

I'm not overly impressed by Lee products, but I do have few that work well.
I have had some that did not work at all.
So I would like to get past the YouTube hype and find out if the darn things really works.
This site has more informed shooters than most others, with a wide experience on things.

I also use a Dillon 650 for most of my stuff, but have a Texan turret for the heavy work.

Yes, to all the questions. We have a number in the family that shoot.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you,
I know we have a lot of guys that load brass.

Thought I might get some first hand experience on the press?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Novel concept, but the handle and pivot points are weak. I guess it would work for certain calibers okay. For the price, I might give it a try. But I doubt I would move away from my current single stage press.

Why don't you buy one and give us a review. :D

Joel

·
Premium Member
3,251 Posts
As with all things - all depends oh how much you will use it and how hard you will use it. Not gonna use it much, it is probably Ok.
If you are going to use it a lot - work it hard ……. want something to last ….something to hand down..… go with Dillon if you want progressive … look at Redding (very strong and high quality) - or the Forester Bonanza COAX.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts