Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see that there a ton of different Perazzi triggers so I just wanted to better understand them and also how to identify them.

Looks like the main categories are:<BR>
1) Selectable or not. How do you identify an internal selectable?<BR>
1a) If selectable, internal or external. Although I see some that have the little switch behind the trigger blade, but say that they are internally selectable, what are those?<BR>
2) Adjustable LOP or not. Which models had these?<BR>
2a) Seems some are not adjustable but are set-back, is that also an option?<BR>
3) Seems there also older versus newer ones, something in the shape?<BR>
4) Lastly, what is a P4 trigger?

If anyone has some pictures of the different types, that would be really great.

Thanks!

·
Vendor
19,648 Posts
If you put those queries into the "SEARCH" function on this site most of those answers are already esplained

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tried that, found some posts explaining the different hammers, but not much else. Saw some posts of people saying that a certain trigger was internally selectable from the picture, but have no clue how they can tell that.

Ohhhh yeah that's another thing, old versus new hammers.

·
Registered
7,869 Posts
I couldn't find all my pictures in a reasonable time frame, so here're couple pictures for the most part.

1) Factory external selectable trigger:
stevew_2008_03032.jpg

stevew_2008_030350.jpg

2) Factory internal selectable trigger with P4 LOP adjustment feature:
stevew_2008_030323.jpg

The internal selector is the shining triangle tab in the "lifting tree", the P4 LOP adjustment lever is behind the trigger bar.

3) Factory internal selectable trigger:
stevew_2008_030364.jpg

This picture also showing "new style hammer".

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Steve, perfect! That's exactly what I was looking for, thank you!

So the P4 designation is for int selectable and adj LOP then?

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
Steve.. you left out the early model.. cut away trigger.. and the earliest trigger with that funny center post they use to cut off when they upgraded them... All Good.. Mike

·
Registered
7,869 Posts
Mike, you made me go back to dig out this old photo while I'm trying to figure out how to use my iPhone, here's the old trigger you're talking about:

stevew_2008_030365.jpg

BTW, it's the meeting of the "5 Families", you're not suppose to broadcast it over public forum. LOL.

I was wondering if we should do it in Italy, say, your vacation home? :)

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It seems like some triggers have a flatter guard, while the one in #3 has a new guard. Is that simply a newer trigger?

Also from which serial numbers did the hammers change? How do you tell them apart, shape? Just trying to figure out which ones my gun (128XXX) has to make sure that I don't get the wrong trigger.

Thanks!

·
Registered
713 Posts
Here is a Externally Selectable Adjustable LOP trigger. This is the second one I have had. I was dumb and sold the first one. These are very rare triggers.

Thanks,

Joey

joehunter_2008_03039.jpg

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
There's also a light weight model. I have one but don't know why they made them. I never weighed it to compare it with a standard one, but it can't be that much different.

Ed Yanchok

·
Registered
59 Posts
Ed
interested in buying a light weight trigger like yours, could you weigh yours, and tell us the weight please. Custer

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
I just weighed it on my postal scale. The regular one weighs 8.9 oz. or 252 g. The light weight one, which I was told is pricer, weighs 6.4 oz. or 181 g.
This is NOT the skeleton type, which would obviously weigh less, but rather one made from a lighter weight metal, possibly aluminum with steel bushings for the axiles

Ed Yanchok

·
Registered
509 Posts
I have a late model P-gun with an adjustable trigger, but no barrel selection mechanism. I think I read somewhere that it is relatively easy to convert my trigger to an internally adjustable trigger.

Can anyone tell me whether this is true, i.e, the conversion is simple?

Can anyone tell me the cost of the conversion?

Can anyone recommend a shop that can do the conversion?

Thanks.

Ted K.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
edy_2008_030318.jpg

This is a regular one on the left, with internal selector, and the light weight one on the right

Ed Yanchok

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
It's a factory trigger. The one that I have is a top first. If interested, make a realistic offer.

Ed Yanchok

·
Registered
587 Posts
As vpr 80 asked above, I would appreciate info on the serial number change from old to new style hammers, and just how you can tell the two apart.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.