Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 390 originally came with the square receiver, but later target models came with the round version. The main difference between the 390 and the 391 is the changes to the gas system- the 391 is arguably more complex and harder to clean, and the fore end is considerably slimmer than the 390. Butt stocks are interchangeable. Each model has its fans- I like the 390. James Fawcett

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The 390 trap barrels have a stepped rib, but I wouldn't call it real high. Early sporting clay barrels did too, but later versions had a flat rib which seems to be preferred by sporting clay shooters. James Fawcett

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
I Have a later model 390 with a rounded receiver and flat rib. Side markings are "Super Sport".

I've used it for waterfowl(95%) and upland(5%) for the last 5 - 6 yrs. with no problems whatsoever. gets cleaned once, maybe twice a year.

Curt

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Significant changes in the gas system and the overall weight, personally I prefer the A390 (that is why the 3901 was produced) the A390 is a much more reliable system.

Ronbo

·
Registered
315 Posts
So what exactly is the difference in the gas systems between these two guns? What is more complex in the 391?

Trapgeek

·
Registered
133 Posts
This is off topic note for the person who posted as James Fawcett. Are you the James Fawcett that shot I.P.S.C. from the West side of Michigan?

David Clark

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.