Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a set of 20ga. dies for my 12ga.366, was wondering if anyone had a junk reloader they keep for parts that i could buy the die head off it. I would think it would be easier then changing each component each time. Thanks Dave

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
this is but a short stop on the way to having TWO 366's....

I should know. I have three now.

Might check out the hornady site. I'm sure they'd sell you a head. but you may as well buy a base, too.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ebay dosent show any die head for sale, i have been checking on here for two days and i never seen one, maybe it sold before i went on. Thanks Dave

·
Registered
173 Posts
If I remember correctly, a new die head casting from Hornady is $34. In addition to the die kit, you'll need some additional parts. The website above has a list of the needed parts plus three articles on the 366. It's cheaper to buy the parts than to buy a used 366; putting two (or more) loaders on a bench chews up too much bench space for me.

It's a super easy change and you're right in that it saves tons of time and hassle to switch gauges: I find it takes less than 5 minutes to change the 366 from one gauge to another; less than 1 minute within gauge. Nice part is the shells come out perfect without any die adjustments -- once you standardize on your loads.

Seems to me that Colonial sold complete ready to go die head assemblies at one time. Could be someone is still doing this.

- - Bill

·
Registered
412 Posts
I don't know if you are interested, but I have a hornady 366 20 ga loader in good shape that I would sell for $200 bucks plus shipping. That way you wouldn't have to change dies. I use a PW 800 plus for 12ga and can't get onto the 366. Daryl.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.