Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Remember those glorious white porcelain thrones at Vandalia? Those things fit a big trapshooter's butt like nobody's business. They had gigantic tanks and when you pressed the lever, Lake Erie dropped an inch. One winter I think I recall some brat flushing his mom's fur coat down one of them. It didn't even slow it down. There were none of those gay 1.6 gallon jobs like Sparta has. Hell, you couldn't even flush a windbreaker down one of those. Anyway, does anybody know if those toilets are still there? If so, we should take up a collection to move one of them to the Trapshooting HOF.

-Gary

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah Johnny, that strengthened the ankles and helped everyone shoot from a more stable platform. It definitely helped with 3 hole targets.

-Gary

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Speaking of weather, WHITE CLOUD was the only toilet paper they ever used at Vandalia. Very gentle on the tookus.

-Gary

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
And how about those ropes? Conveniently right next to the 27 yard shooters,so close that passerby's could bump right into the 27 yard shooters.

·
Premium Member
2,940 Posts
Looks like the bathrooms are still there .... You could always stop and sit for a while on your way by...

I can't believe I got on this post...

Bob Schultz

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sweet! Thanks Bob.

Who's willing to chip in and help get one of the toilets into the Hall Of Fame?

I'll donate the first deuce.

-Gary

gw22_2008_0303346.jpg

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
I remember one time I was standing in front of the "Hog Trough," shaking hands with the Governor (if you know what I mean), and up walked Vic Reinders. He whipped 'er out, and we started talking about stuff. He said he laid more pipe than anybody in Vandalia. He showed me a piece of paper he kept in his pocket, on which he recorded every dump he ever took in Vandalia, the temperature, humidity, and barometric pressure. He told me half the time he went in for a dump, he was actually just hiding from some guy from back home in 'Scansin who wouldn't f_cking leave him alone. He said one time this guy even followed him into the stall! But his name escapes me.

How about you? Am I the only one who had this experience?

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
The toilets,the ropes next to the 27 yard line,the one mile walk from the first trap to your last,nostalgia is not what used to be.

·
Registered
808 Posts
I will say this about the bathroom attached to the west side of the main building behind the grandstand at Vandalia. Even though the fixtures were dated the place was kept clean.

That location was also handy during shoot-offs, go in to wash the face and hands and come out feeling refreshed and ready to go.

I recall that big money was paid for a urinal that had been in the runway to the clubhouse at old Yankee stadium. A chance to own a piece of history, peed in by Mantle, Dimagio, Gehrig, Ruth, and all the others.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I remember the stall of shame. It had a list of allamericans who at one time or another , got suspended from the ATA. Written on the stall door. Anybody else remember that ?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts