Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
2,562 Posts
Got scared..........lot of whining. Amusing to now see all the democrats agreeing with the vote with the loss of benefits......

·
Registered
923 Posts
It is impossible to know without having all of the details. I understand the carbon fiber wings are a major consideration. If Boeing agreed in the small print that all these wings would be built in the Seattle area and none would be shipped out by sea or specially modified aircraft, etc, that would guarantee jobs far into the future. Only time will tell "what is in it". Where have we heard that before? IMHO Ron

Added: It would be interesting to see what Ruck has to say. He terrorized Boeing in a previous life.

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
That's exactly how many corporates function today. Doesn't matter if the company is strong or weak. The bottom line is to squeeze workers, politicians, suppliers, and anyone else they can.

·
Registered
14,688 Posts
The problem is the "system". Once one state offered incentives, the other states were nuetered unless they did the same. Tax fee zones, grants, revolving loan funds should be banned. Same with any Federal Grants/incentives

Solyndra? etc., etc,.?

If a business can't make it on their own ingenuity, are they worth an incentive?

·
Banned
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Every now and then we have to remember that corporations do not work for their employees. You follow?

·
Registered
12,434 Posts
The "ole" guard wanted to vote per union bosses(lackeys), the young blood(mind-num still) actually "thought" and said to themselves, A paycheck is better then NO paycheck!

Ya had to watch "local" news not the national lame stream coverage.

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
Boeing is probably breathing a sigh of relief over not having to expect a new team of workers of dubious ability to take over their production.

Several states were holding carrots out, rank and file made a wise move.

HM

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
I have to wonder what our democratic Governor was promised to stump and sabre rattle to try to intice Boeing to move more production to their plant in St. Louis, knowing full well their was not a snowballs chance in hell of anything other than gov jays well being? Hope it works well for him and he gets what is due him....m

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
I believe management will still not be above the possibility of a move, but I have seen several instances where it was not a good choice, given the higher degree of absenteeism, lower cognitive skills, and increased rate of scrap production some other companies have had.

You get what you pay for.

HM

·
Registered
8,217 Posts
"The "ole" guard wanted to vote per union bosses(lackeys), the young blood(mind-num still) actually "thought" and said to themselves"

Timber.............Could you please share your source of information!

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Buy Boeing stock and take advantage of their aggressive growing business and quit whining about how they legally make money.

Darr

·
Registered
12,434 Posts
Spokane news channels, 2, 4 and 6

Live interviews of the rank and file outside the voting building.

Old guys said they were voting against because the "bosses" told them to and the young members said showing up to a JOB was more important.

Boss'es told the same ole line, Vote NO or loose your pension.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Boeings last earnings release was for Q3, they earned $1.51/share for a total profit of $1.15 billion. SLIGHTLY less than the $14 BILLION you referenced above. Q4 earnings will be released on January 29th, I'm guessing those will also be a little light of $14b, but really what's $12.9 billion dollars?

·
Banned
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The Tinster is known to periodically climb up on his high-horse. The next thing you know, he'll be calling the CEO a Zionist.

·
Registered
12,434 Posts
Even when I was in a union, I worked for my paycheck, the company earnings only came into play IF THEY WERE LOOSING MONEY.

If they were making a PROFIT no matter what amount it was, my job was going to be there and I never expected a pay raise because the company was making a profit.

NO matter who I worked for, when I agreed to "work" for them, I also "agreed" to my pay, I did NOT get the right to tell them WHAT my pay would be.

·
Registered
12,434 Posts
Amazing, from the side of the state that is KNOWN for voter fraud LOL!!!!

Ya just gotta love seeing liberal democrat union members cry foul!!!!

·
Banned
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Don't worry about me, Tinster, I was just rattlin' your cage.

Re: your assessment of the Boeing P&L may be a little shakey. Please review.

Re: Boeing's remarkable success at triangulating its suitors, I say if the patsies are that easy, I hope they keep a 55 gal. drum of KY Jelly close by. Not my problem.

Getting money out of suckers is part of what made W.C. Fields famous. Think of it this way, if the Libs can sucker the GOP into springing for 90 more days of unemployment bennies, that will equal 6 Billion. Who gets to pay for that? And we don't even get so much as a Piper Cub out of that deal.

You're spending a lot of time charging at windmills. It's a plane, man, it ain't inter-galactic proton beam transfer. If all your buds at the plant are so frickin' unhappy, tell 'em to move to Colorado and take up ganja-culture. My read on this thing is that they have been sucking off that Big Bird's hind tat for so long they're spoiled. If Boeing sets sail for Talledega, there are plenty of good ol' boys down there that can build just about anything. Rumor has it that there are some smokin' hot country girls down there too, and they're just waiting to join the mile high club.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts