Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Banned
1,598 Posts
His last post said........"you guys do not play nice so I am taking my ball and going home!"

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
There are two possibilities if this is true.

First, if he did go away on his own then that is a sad thing. We as a group are rather cruel to one another (a flaw in the internet - no face to face contact so we get rather nasty - no real responsibility, no real accountability) - more so than a civil society would expect.

That being said, trap shooters (at least the ones I know) can be just as bad on the trap field. You need to bring your best game to the filed and your kevlar Jockeys to the club house.

If this is so then Dr. Longshot you have my personal apologies for driving you away.

Second, the moderators have recently warned him about comments he has made - he even posted about it - almost bragging.

Perhaps he 'went over the line' in the view of the moderators and was banned.

While I do not agree 100% with this process I refer to my comment about that nasty side which comes out owing to the anonymous nature of the internet, and perhaps the need for a 'playground monitor' is needed until we stop acting like five year olds.

While I am a staunch supported of the Constitution and it's amendments (the second is my favorite) - I love them all - and as Voltaire said: "I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it." I do not envy David, et al their roles as moderators - they do an exceptional job.

I think if this is the case - that he was banned - then it reflects poorly on all of us.

We need to be able to remain civil to one another - even when in rabid disagreement (7 1/2 or 8? -Trayvon vs George Z, etc.).

There are others whom I would LOVE to ban from here - but that is personal and I believe trivial.

As Christmas approaches (and Hanukkah wanes) we should reflect on the love we have for our sport - and extend that to our fellow man.

Wishing you all the merriest of Christmases, especially to you Dr. Longshot - you will be missed.

David Delacato

·
Registered
9,941 Posts
Oh come on, David. The was insulting to ATA shooters who earned their Grand Slams, he was factually inaccurate about easily checked things and when confronted with his inaccuracies he just started a new thread packed with the same falsehoods. Look at one of his swansong threads, "The accepted method of shotshell speed" which was total BS from the title on!

In a version of Gresham's Law, Bad Information drives out Good Information and those who have gone to the work of finding, or developing good information have the right to defend it.

He didn't play by the rules; he wasted a lot of our time.

Neil

·
Registered
204 Posts
HSLDS, I like your post. I don't agree with many of the viewpoints that are posted to this site. The poster has the right to express their viewpoint. If some people criticized others, face to face, like they do when. hiding behind their computer screen, they would be at risk for needing immediate dental work. Happy holidays to all

·
Banned
1,598 Posts
I am a mod of another forum and I should not tease mr longshot however, the post he makes sometimes are just begging for you guys to poke the bear. So in light of that as a mod I would look at him like the old saying "dish it out...etc. But we all seem to take it to far sometimes so I will extend my apologize.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Gary has more years in this sport than the majority of the posters here. He has a right to his opinion, goofy or otherwise. Regardless of whether anyone agrees with it or not. His sign on name is clearly shown. There is no obligation to open threads he starts or read his comments on threads he does not start. Civility should prevail in our sport but it seems that is no fun for some. I can't recall the name but the guy from Arizona (Grammy or something) that the children here got run off because of his political views was a bad example for TS.com. Turns out he was mostly correct in his ranting's on our future. We are fast headed the direction he predicted.

Merry Christmas: Jimmy Borum

·
Registered
9,941 Posts
Jimmy, I take it he never called you a crook on a public forum, or said you took away life members' rights, or were profiting from the ATA's move to Sparta or told readers here you faked your data or any of the countless other fabrications that flowed off him "like water off a duck's back," to use words from his last post.

If he had, you might think differently.

Are you really saying that it's my fault for opening his threads? Isn't at least partly his fault for his disregard of the truth?

Neil

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
I personally find slamming the ATA over and over offensive. I am new to the sport but what I see so far I really like. I feel the ATA has a good format and set of rules that we all compete on and I get a chance to shoot with or against some of the best shooters in the nation. What sport can you do that. I have also found that most of those top shooters are dam good people also and at times very willing to offer advise. Scott

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
David, the owner of the site, just posted that DR.LS had not been banned. He just deleted his own posts. Sometimes it's just good to take a break from this nonsense. Stay warm out there. Mark

·
Vendor
19,395 Posts
1) If you are shooting well, and want a new gun, do not sell the old one until the new one has proven to be superior. Secondly, long distance games can be shot with a relatively flat gun as long as you cover or shoot over the target. You do not need a upward pointed bbl to break the long distance targets. Learn where your gun shoots and practice. lastly, try not to get hung up on what you want the sport to be. Do the best at what is offered.

It is just simple math. You do not need an algorithm to shoot trap

1 - 20 of 73 Posts