Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Semi-local Dick has Buy 3 and Get One Free. Pic in flyer shows both AAs and either Super-Targets or Universals.

Does anyone know the price of these Value Packs? Are the non-AAs packs Super-Targets or Universals?

·
Banned
2,825 Posts
They are 21.74 in Austin, Tx. The universals and super target are the same shell, different box. Still chilled shot but break the targets good from mid yardage hdcp.

461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Good deal at 21.75, $4.08/box. With the $10 coupon I have that makes it $3.45/box. Less 3% back from Dicks Scorecard and 2% back from credit card equals $3.28/box.

I believe Universals and Super-Targets use the same one-and-done case, but the Super-Targets are filled with AA quality primers, powder, wad, and shot. Super-Targets burn clean with no confetti and the primers don't pierce for me.

Net at $29.99 less coupons and money-back is $4.75.

·
Sky Buster
4,171 Posts
Good deal at 21.75, $4.08/box. With the $10 coupon I have that makes it $3.45/box. Less 3% back from Dicks Scorecard and 2% back from credit card equals $3.28/box.

I believe Universals and Super-Targets use the same one-and-done case, but the Super-Targets are filled with AA quality primers, powder, wad, and shot. Super-Targets burn clean with no confetti and the primers don't pierce for me.

Net at $29.99 less coupons and money-back is $4.75.
Cabela's has Super Target for $52.00 per case with free shipping. I couldn't find it on their
website but customer service did.

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
Local Dick's in Kansas City had the Super Targets for $23.95 and the AAs for $36.99. The AAs were $29.99 last week so it looks to me like they marked them up for the "sale" they had plenty and no one was buying that I saw and the clerk said none had sold by 2:45 today. Buy 3 get one free makes them $6.94 + tax per box. We have a local store here that sells AAs for $74.95 flat every day and most of us wait for the rebates that then put them at $5.50 a box plus tax for any flavor. Dicks only had light 8s or 1300 fps sporting clays loads. Would have been an OK deal if they would have left them priced as they were last week.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
I just ran down and picked up five 100-packs of Super Target at my local Dick's. Regular price is $29.99, so four of those were 89.96. Then I bought one more to push my total over $100, thus allowing me to use the $20 off coupon I got a couple of weeks ago.

The total haul was 500 rounds for almost exactly $100, or $5 per box.

461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Before I took the drive I called my store. They're out, but expect a truck on Tuesday. If on the truck they'll be on the shelf by mid-day.

I asked how much they are. I was told $14.99. I asked the 'sales rep' to check again as I thought that was too low. He insisted the sales price was $14.99. No wonder they sold out. I noticed the flyer had Winchester deer rifle ammo for $15.99, so I asked if he was confused? No said he.

10% back on Scorecard today. Nice.

461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Another Dicks about an equal distance from me, but not in a direction I will be traveling this week, said they had them for $29.99. With coupons and money-back from credit card and scorecard that comes to $4.40/box. Good, but not good enough for a special trip for 16 boxes.

·
Registered
11,139 Posts
My local Dick's prices are $29.99 for the WW Super Targets, and $36.99 for the AA's. The Rio's that were on sale last week for $5.24 a box were a much better deal. Now if there Win. AA sale went on during the $2.00 a box rebate, then that would be the way to go!!! Maybe next time. break em all. Jeff

·
Registered
466 Posts
I was at Dicks in Orange County, Ca other day. They had the Super Targets (1 oz) at $29.99 and acording to the young man who assisted me said that's been the price for some time now. Wasn't aware of any promotions going on. I noticed the boxes were stamped "lite target load" so I thought I had better get some opinions on here regarding this shell before I outlay couple hundred bucks. I intend to use them only on the first shot of doubles. Opinions please? Bob

461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
They had the Super Targets (1 oz) at $29.99
Super-targets are a great shell. Probably the best of the "promo" ammo.

That's $7.50/box. Not a good price around here. Even if the had the "Buy Three, Get One Free" promotion it comes to $5.62/box. Still not great. I buy when I can get ammo for less that $4.50/box net. I have a friend that works near a Walmart and he gets 4-packs for $22 as their regular price, sometime cheaper when the have a special.

461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Plain View - Super Targets have a steel rim, and like any steel rim shell there may be extraction problems with some guns. I'd check if you guns handle them before a bought a lot of them.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
May finally get a chance at some of these deals.
Closest Dick's is over an hour away, but they just inked a deal to build a new 54,500 sq. ft. store here in town.
Maybe by next fall it'll be open.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts