Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7,593 Posts
Dick's is interested in getting you in the store that is the business practice they are interested in.

There was ounce a retail store in this area that would sell lead so low that he would sell out of three to four tons in 2-3 days.

All his other prices would stay the same. Just to get you in the store.

Bob Lawless

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
I've always had good luck with Dicks...probably bought close to 200flats over the last 3 years from them...good prices in our area and good service.

·
Premium Member
4,249 Posts
they have raised the price and no discounts now. sometimes they have buy one get one 1/2 price but the first one is 7 bucks or so. No ad's in the news lately. Not sure when the 4.98 price on gun clubs will return. I'm a waitin. motordoc

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Most of the time when shells go on sale the Dick'e in Madison don't have them to start with. I just keep going back till they have them.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
In the FWIW department...I was in Dick's (Christiana Mall, Delaware) today to buy a air mattress (had a $15.00 off coupon) and I did look at the ammo and it seemed they had quite a bit.

On a scale of 1 to 10.....Dick's ranks at 1. It's a place for yuppies and pilgrims.

Curt

·
Premium Member
4,249 Posts
around here they never have sts or aa's but they usually have a good supply of gun club shells and have all you want. I usually buy 10 cases at a time when they are on sale. Did not see a sale now.

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
I don't have good results with gun Clubs---Much better with STS---AAs---Gold Medals and Estates--and my reloads----Must be something in my head---I keep selling off my GunClubs or trading them---JMO---George

·
Registered
958 Posts
Wouldn't go to Dick's if they were giving shells away? Really?

OK -- so they run a special:

"Remington Gun Club shells -- FREE -- Unlimited Quantity -- If out of stock you get a rain check with no expiration date".

Something tells me that you and everyone you know would be there loading up.

I've had great experience at Dicks. I wait for a combined sale and Remington rebate and get Gun Clubs for 45 - 50 a flat by the time I'm out the door and get my Points card updated. I buy 15 - 20 flats at a time. No hassles at check out.

I have no idea what all you guys are griping about. I've done the above a number of times in the last few years without a hitch.

Maybe it's my personality. I spend my time turning lemons into lemonade versus bitching to everyone who'll listen about how sour the lemons are.

Or maybe some people just like spending more money -- I don't know.

Pete

·
Registered
577 Posts
4.98 in Nashville, but no 7 1/2 all 8 and 9 shot.

I'm going to go to Gamaliel and see Geoff. I'm not the biggest fan of Nobelsport, but any 7 1/2 shell beats 8s..

TNCoach

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Dicks in the Toledo area has a sale on shells, but don't have the shells. Their discount coupon can not be used for ammo. I give up on them a long time ago! Clyde

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.