Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Krieghoff K80
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dick

Just went on Dick's web sight to compare a gun price, and guess what ?? Nothing...nada...zippo.....gone !! Not a gun to be found ! Am I all of a sudden not searching in the right place ?? Is it me......or is Dick's destined to join the Sports Authority wimps at bowing to gun control advocates..................

·
Registered
13,608 Posts
Dick's hasn't had guns or ammo listed on their website for well over a decade. Only exception is they put a online version of their print ad on the website if one is available for that week, which is identical to the print ad, and has guns and ammo listed (if any are on sale that week).

·
Krieghoff K80
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Skeet............No way man !! I was just on that web sight a week or so ago !! Not the biggest selection......but the usual 870s...occasional Browning field....and more Stoegers than you could shake a stick at. I can't be losing my mind at 53, can I ?? ANYBODY out there can verify either way ???

·
Registered
13,608 Posts
I stand corrected.

I managed to find it by putting "Stoeger" in the search bar, although I'm sure any other gun mfg will bring it up.

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/category/index.jsp?categoryId=12243958&sr=1&origkw=stoeger

Not really sure what use it is though, it has less information than a manufacturers website would, the pricing listed isn't accurate for all (or maybe any) stores, and it doesn't list inventory...

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Does Dick's have guns priced cheap enough to even consider buying there in the first place? I went in one Dicks store one time a year and a half ago. I saw all I needed to see. Ammo was outrageous priced and selection was poor. The guns they had didn't interest me enough to price them.

·
Krieghoff K80
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I see what they did now. They pulled "firearms" & "ammo" from their main menu, and like you said, have to enter it under their "search" bar. I did it by entering "ammo". What the hell ?? What for ?? Are they embarrassed or intimidated by guns all of a sudden ?? Wussies.................

·
Registered
13,608 Posts
Probably prevents headaches when someone looks up a gun on their site, drives an hour to the Dick's, and the price is higher, they don't have them in stock, or they don't even carry that gun.

·
Krieghoff K80
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
grntitan.........Top Guns....$6.50 there, and their stock has been much better this past month. As for buying a gun there, I'm with you, forget it.

·
Registered
13,608 Posts
BTW, Gun Clubs are on sale for $5.98 this week here. Better than their Black Friday price (buy one get one 25% off on 6.99 regular price, which equates to $6.12/box). Makes sense LOL.

·
Krieghoff K80
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ian..........I just hit your web sight, very nice !! If I'm ever up your way, my son and I will surely reach out for some skeet instruction. I also know where to go if I should need bbl weights.!!...............Frank

1 - 11 of 11 Posts