Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
Perazzi MX2000 31.5/34 combo with a prosoft
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone get a chance to go today? A buddy sent me pics. Looks interesting. I will probably try to head over soon and try.

They posted a video of a portion of a round.
Lighting isn’t great just targets look good and can’t beat the background.

4A852920-EF2A-4CED-933D-41B2D3135E65.png

·
Premium Member
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Andt his indoor Trap range is in ???
Sorry. This was discussed pretty extensively a couple months ago on here, but I should have shared the details.

Diamond, IL. It’s just outside of coal city, about an hour south of Chicago.

·
Premium Member
1,089 Posts
Heck yes, I’d try it. If I remember, you can only use the factory shells they sell.... which only makes sense.

Now that I think about it.... I wonder how the Cardinal Center curtain is holding up after a couple years of usage (battering)

·
Registered
632 Posts
Heck yes, I’d try it. If I remember, you can only use the factory shells they sell.... which only makes sense.

Now that I think about it.... I wonder how the Cardinal Center curtain is holding up after a couple years of usage (battering)
If I remember right from the original thread it was no release triggers that caused a lot of folks to say they wouldn’t shoot there.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
"trapshootingkid25' no need to be sorry I was not getting 2 things together .I do not remember any postings about that and did not know Diamond is a town . I would try it but 11 hours is a hell of a drive . If the Grand would be still in the other place ,then we could talk . Just a statement,no reasons to throw rocks :) :)

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I wonder about the noise level and ventilation? There was one here in SE PA. In an old steel factory with an high end restaurant. I don't think it lasted very long.
Jim

·
Premium Member
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wonder about the noise level and ventilation? There was one here in SE PA. In an old steel factory with an high end restaurant. I don't think it lasted very long.
Jim
There is an echo. But it’s not as loud as I thought it would be. Go to their fb page and check out the video of shooting to get an idea.
They have a gallery behind the line that is enclosed, a nice pro shop and a bbq place attached.

Ammo is lead (not steel) and about every variety you could want of Federal Top Guns. They also have 20 ga and 410. 410 is more, 20ga is not.

$35 for 50, only increments they have.
I will post more photos and videos as I experience it. Hopefully this week or next.

·
Thorn in your side
8,114 Posts
Jim
If I was a guessing man, I would say this one won't last either. Once the novelty wears off it. Might take a year or more, but lets see if it is still going in a couple years.

·
Registered
21,600 Posts

I don’t think the curtain has been up for a couple years. They only completed it last year.

·
Banned
1,148 Posts
I have to congratulate the owners of this facility. In that the backdrop is our ShotStop fabric, same as used by the Cardinal Center and dozens of other clubs, I got to work with them since the design stage. I was impressed by their professionalism, enthusiasm and optimism. I have a hardware trade show for my other business in Chicago later this year and I hope to add a day and get down and see the facility in person.

Jim Tyner

·
Registered
2,108 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That’s $17.50/round... really $17.50 per round just for targets, PLUS ammo at their retail price? HaHaHa... good bye.

No kidding, see above and below. I’m no business major, but they self regulated and priced themselves out of the market before they even get started.
$35 includes shells.

The release trigger is a bummer, but likely a liability thing. I will ask.

To those asking about how busy, a buddy went but didn’t say how busy. I will try to sneak up there later this week and let you all know.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
$35 includes shells.

The release trigger is a bummer, but likely a liability thing.
Thanks for the clarification on the price including shells... and I’m sure the insurance company isn’t really interested in firearm facts, just what will keep them from paying out a claim.

·
Thorn in your side
8,114 Posts
Thanks for the clarification on the price including shells... and I’m sure the insurance company isn’t really interested in firearm facts, just what will keep them from paying out a claim.
I wonder what happens when an accident happens with a pull trigger. Hmmmm

I am sure they will be busy for a while. It is a year from now I will be curious about. Like I said, once the novelty wears off no actual trap shooter is going to pay those prices to shoot. Weekenders and non trap shooters will use it once in a while, but that won't keep the lights on. Again JMO, but I bet I am right.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts