Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received the monthly newsletter today via email from Dennis DeVault. In this month's newsletter, Dennis discusses some findings that he has found in regards to current quality of ammo being made. Very interesting! Not pattern data, but regards to the shell going off.

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Interesting stuff. I especially liked the Model 12 cutaway. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
Longshot,

Download a free Adobe reader program and you'll be able to open any pdf file.

Eric

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
I can't really believe anyone from the ammo industry would say something like that, it just doesn't happen.

·
Banned
1,598 Posts
The "truck driver" hardly constitutes someone of much value from the shell industry IMO....LOL. I question the other comment also.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, I have a hard time believing the truck driver would know what is going on. I used to sell reloading components and shells. The truck drivers I had only knew how to drive to me, drive back, collect payment, and use a skid steer.

What I do find intersting is the comment frim inside the factory.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Just got on here to look at other items and looked at this thread. There is more than just the truck driver that was used to verify the results of the shell deal. I have never been in the habit of throwing any individual under the bus. For that reason I will never talk about the folks at the factory that I have spoken with. I just attempted to let shooters know what may be going on with regards to shells. This is one that you accept or reject, it is your choice. But for me when things like this happen I try and inform folks as best an accurately as I can. Remember than many of these companies here in the US are being bought by foreign companies and they may or may not have the same values that we think they should have. Thank you and have a great finish to the year.

Dennis DeVault

·
Registered
130 Posts
Found your shell article to be very interesting. About a year ago I was having the same problems with reloads using Federal primers. I never changed anything on the loader and the primers seemed to be set ok. I called Federal about the problem and they told me to send them several of the primers, all of which had dents from the firing pin in them, to their office. To this day I have not heard a word about what was wrong. I gave up trying to call them because no one ever answered or returned my calls. Switched primers and have not had another problem.
Steve Hays

·
Registered
330 Posts
I had a problem with factory nitros for caps at the northeast grand. I had 3 pretty solid hits on those primers,actually cost me a target. I sent the shells to Remington,and not only did they admit there was a primer problem,but actually replaced them with new factory shells,I can not ask for more than that from a big company.
Glenn

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I have had at least a half dozon bloopers out of Remington nitros over the last 3 years at the grand. That's the only place I shoot factory shells.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Humm, Hard for me to believe that Remington would have sent a factory driver to pick these shells up,,, but I'm not sayin' one way or the other.

As for the 300/2500 shells that did not go boom???? Thats one HEdoubletoothpicks of a high number for a company with a ISO quality standards in-place, I'm sure Remington has AT least this or better.

Personally speaking, it would be interesting to know what make gun the person tried to fire those 300-shells with?

Dennis is a good man, I'm not doubting his words, only the information.

Matt Nicol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts