Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just heard this one on talk radio today. The latest fear is according to
some really smart democrats, yes there are a few, like Warren Buffett
who predicts the country will do well under Trump.

So what is the fear of these "smart" democrats?

Trump will turn out to be an excellent president.

Yep, that is their fear, and they can't believe how well
he is conducting himself after the election and in preparation
to take office.

They previously figured he would be a disaster, and they can't
believe their eyes, on what he is doing. They are also pissed
off because it looks like he is going to succeed.

·
Registered
29,266 Posts
The fear of Democrats is that people will discover self reliance and capitalism does work and that government is not necessary as part of one's everyday life, thus Democrats are unnecessary. Democrats are all about wealth redistribution with a little skimming to fill their pockets.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
The really only thing that I have thought was that odd so far, and I do think that Trump is an odd guy in general, was the Pakistan call.

I don't really remember the quote, but it was Trump speak for Pakistan and its people are great, which is kind of a mixed message. The call with Taiwan fits a little better into the idea of being tough on China.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Democrats latest fear is that they have a midterm election coming up in 2 years with the chance to give up plenty more senate seats. :)
Democrats defending 25 seats and Republicans eight seats!!!

·
Registered
8,200 Posts
The really only thing that I have thought was that odd so far, and I do think that Trump is an odd guy in general, was the Pakistan call.

I don't really remember the quote, but it was Trump speak for Pakistan and its people are great, which is kind of a mixed message. The call with Taiwan fits a little better into the idea of being tough on China.
It is my understanding that Taiwan called Trump to congratulate him.

·
Banned
1,949 Posts
Just heard this one on talk radio today. The latest fear is according to
some really smart democrats, yes there are a few, like Warren Buffett
who predicts the country will do well under Trump.

So what is the fear of these "smart" democrats?

Trump will turn out to be an excellent president.

Yep, that is their fear, and they can't believe how well
he is conducting himself after the election and in preparation
to take office.

They previously figured he would be a disaster, and they can't
believe their eyes, on what he is doing. They are also pissed
off because it looks like he is going to succeed.
Hacker,

Perhaps you have forgotten about the widely reported private meetings of Republican luminaries including Eric Cantor and Mitch McConnell where they they formulated the party policy of all out resistance to the then elect Obama. They were willing to do what ever it took to make sure he was not reelected. They failed. But, they followed up much more successfully in Obama's 2nd term in an attempt to assure that a Republican was elected. They succeeded.

So, when you can find reports of an organized effort by the Democrats or even the Republicans party to keep anything the Trump proposes from succeeding please post.

I certainly don't want Trump to fail, just some of his promises.

So far his "foreign policy" has been shaky For no obvious good reasons he has angered an ally India, embarrassed the Prime Minister of England, an ally, and threatened China. Clearly his foreign policy advisors need to get a handle on his phone.

I sure hope he grows into the job before he does too much damage.

·
Banned
1,949 Posts

william,

This is a copy of one of my postings about Trumps talk with Sharif the Prime Minister of Pakistan. If you haven't read it, I thought you might be interested.

"Illustrative of Trumps diplomatic skill is his the abbreviated transcript of his recent telephone call with Pakistan's Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif. Trump told him among other complements that "You are a terrific guy. You are doing amazing work which is visible in every way."

Then he followed up with "I am ready and willing to play any role that you want me to play to address and find solutions to the outstanding problems." A truly diplomatic "piece de resistance". Clearly Trump didn't seem to know that Pakistan is currently in a low level war with India (our ally) and from the point of view of Pakistan, as reported in their newspapers, Trump was siding with Pakistan. Terrific. I haven't seen yet what the Indians are saying, but I can guess. A great start at diplomacy. Proved to Pakistan that he can provide meaningless complements to someone he knows nothing about, sides with them in a war with one of our allies and then angers that same ally. In diplomacy words may be subtle but they have great meaning.

Now Pakistan is a cesspool and Sharif knows it although the people are fantastic. Sharif certainly knows that Trump doesn't know anything about Pakistan anymore than he did about Ukraine, although that's a guess. Sharif is still smarting from our unannounced raid in Pakistan to kill Bin Laden who was very likely being protected by the Pakistani military. The Pakistanis were so angry they allowed the Chinese to inspect the crashed remains of our stealth helicopter.

Of course there's Pakistan's support of the Taliban in Afghanistan and its slaughter of various ethnic minorities. But why think about that.

Trump was either ignorant of the circumstances of Pakistan or poorly informed. Either one is a disaster. If he was ignorant he should have kept his mouth shut and mearly muttered platitudes or if he was poorly informed, the advisor should have been out of the building within 5 minutes of Trump hanging up the phone. Sort of like Bush 43 talking about going on a "crusade" in the Middle East. "It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain

"Back in 2012, Trump tweeted, "Get it straight: Pakistan is not our friend. We've given them billions and billions of dollars, and what did we get? Betrayal and disrespect — and much worse."

You can be sure that Sharif knows about that to. He is a corrupt thug but not stupid.

Yes Trump "is an odd guy". So far in addition to humiliating the Prime Minister of England, Theresa May, he has angered the Chinese for no particular benefit that I can see.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Keep in mind Traders you are going by a Pakistani account of the phone call.

"I am ready and willing to play any role that you want me to play to address and find solutions to the outstanding problems."
How is this a problem? Has the US not tried to play peace maker in the middle east many times in the past?
If Trump can play a role in the outstanding problems between Pakistan and India is this not a good thing?

This is just an article where someone is trying to make an issue out of nothing and relying on the other side of the conversation as fact to begin with.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts