Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gonna be trying out some demo guns at the Ohio state shoot and just was wondering if I had to bring my ammo if so dose it have to be factory loads or reloads. Or do you just buy ammo they have there to use? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Have tried a number of demo guns at CC and no one ever asked me what ammo I was going to shoot; and it was always reloads.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I'm with Skeet_man on this one. If I remember correctly, Kolar has it printed on the barrel, factory ammo only.
I also watched a store owner at the Grand come unwound at a couple of kids slamming the actions closed on some high end over and unders. Treat it like your Grand Mother until you buy it, then you can treat it any way you like.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As respect for a gun you aren't the owner of, it is good manners to only use factory ammunition.

If the gun comes apart and you are using your handloads (regardless if your handloads were at fault or not), guess who's going to be writing a check for a pile of twisted gun parts?

You make a very valid point skeet_man. Thank you

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
I'm with Ian as well on this one. I have tried a lot of guns at the Grand. A few gave me shells to shoot no charge. The other times, I used the opportunity to try new shells or loads. The shell house at the Grand will sell single boxes. I go and buy a few assorted boxes of different brands and loads. This way I get to play with all new chit. Just my 2c

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
When shooting a gun that is not mine, a dealer's or a friends I would never think to use anything but factory ammo.
When anyone asks to shoot a gun of mine I say yes but with factory ammo. If they take offense that's their problem.
Bud

·
Registered
223 Posts
First off be aware some demo guns aren't for sale. Which is pretty insane when they wouldn't sell demo gun for the price of a brand new replacement gun? Anyhow it is out there and it happens

1 - 9 of 9 Posts