Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received a call this morning from Ron's wife Sara, that Ron passed overnight from cancer.

Ron and Sara were longtime Delaware shooters and Ron was vice-president of WTA.

He was a good friend and he will be missed.

May God rest his soul.

Adios, Dirk

·
Registered
9,982 Posts
Oh NO : ( that's truly saddening Dirk,..I had no idea he was even fighting it ...a really nice guy and family..he will be missed

·
Registered
50 Posts
This is a sad day. A fine gentleman and shooter, he will continue to be an influence on my life. The most devoted family man I have ever met. He will be dearly missed. WTA won't be the same without Ronnie.

Much love my friend,
J Gies
Laramie, WY

·
Registered
9,982 Posts
You're right about that J ..a damn shame that cancer seems to take the good guys and the evil seem to live forever

·
Registered
158 Posts
He will be missed I loved shooting there always looked forward to seeing all there, had lots of good times there shooting the cricket was great. Gary

·
Registered
497 Posts
Sara and Ron WERE Delaware trapshooting when I started in the early 80's. Both could be counted on to be trophy winners at the Delaware State shoots, though Ron's job caused him to miss a few.

Another one of the "Good Guys" has left us. Sara, sorry for our loss.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I am truly shocked! Ron and Sara are long time friends.

I just saw Ron this past fall, he was his usual super friendly self, he called Sara to

Tell her I was at WTA

Sara ...my sincere sympathy

With much love

Greta Cesario

RIP

·
Registered
50 Posts
Obit has been listed:
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/delawareonline/obituary.aspx?n=ronald-l-lindsey&pid=169077882&fhid=7880

·
Registered
50 Posts
On behalf of Sara:

To our trapshooting family,

Ron and I began shooting in 1974, through all those years and the accumulation of spent shells, lower handicaps(or possibly higher), and broken birds came these wonderful connections and lifelong friendships that we are truly blessed to have acquired. My family and I wanted to take this opportunity to express our absolute gratitude for the overwhelming love and support shown to us after Ron's passing. Thanks to you all and God Bless.

Sincerely,
Sara Lindsey & Family

·
Registered
9,982 Posts
I shot many many times with Ron and Sara at Millington...both wonderful people..If any man deserves a shoot named in his honor its Ron Lindsey.....Seems like just yesterday we lost Ron Cahall too....maybe we could call it the "The 2 Rons Classic"

1 - 12 of 12 Posts