Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
I currently use Vi-Lite Rose 1 for most of my shooting. I also have Gold 10's for night shooting and grouse hunting. My first lenses were Light Medium Target Orange, they were left at a club and disappeared. These frames were fitted for me by Bud Decot at the 1995 Grand in his trailer. My son with younger eyes uses Vi-Lite Rose 0's.

·
Registered
8,384 Posts
I would normally suggest you attend a large shoot where you could try different lenses to see what works for YOU.
Not everyone sees the same colors through a particular color lens.
That being said with all that is going on right now I too would recommend the target orange as a starter, good luck.

·
Registered
906 Posts
I’ve been using the V-Lite 2 for the last seven years. It works well for me in most light conditions. I tried the Color Mag but the target would just disappear if it got in the clouds.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Go with vlite 1 until there is a big shoot u can you can attend and try all tints/transmission until you find what you want. You probably will wind up with at least 3 lenses for all the conditions you encounter (usual, very bright day and clear background, overcast/night/late shootoff!!)

K

·
Registered
642 Posts
Bud was a champion salesman,

Every year from 96 through to 2004 I was able to attend the Grand at Vandalia and always visited Bud on day one.
Bud used to tell me with a big smile on his face that every time he needed a new Car he invented another color Lens.
As usual he used to get me to purchase his latest "color", his sales pitch was always "Aussie have I got a new color for you" he would get me every time.
By the time I changed to Pilla's two years ago I had 3 sets of Decot frames with 14 different lenses, I donated them to 3 Junior shooters at our club.
One has gone onto AA Class and will not give his Decots up for any amount of money.
I always felt fortunate to have met and known Bud, a class act and great businessman.

Regards from Down-under.

Release Trigger.

PS. This Corona Virus thing is just as bad down here, stay safe and keep healthy, Oh yeah has anyone got some spare chitter paper, we are using the Yellow pages.

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
I highly recommend the clays set. When you add up all that you get, it's an incredible price. If you call in your order you can also substitute the CM MED for the CM. I spend a lot of time in Phoenix and tried both, I prefered the lighter ColorMag lenses.
Color-Mag-New.jpg

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have the Clays set with prescription lenses and suits me well. Hope that by the time I'm (we all) are able to shoot again, I won't need a new prescription:).

·
Registered
906 Posts
Denny,
Did you have the L.M.'s?
MG
MG, I tried a pair of Color Mag “loaners” from Mike at L&M Lenses a year ago. I didn’t realize they came in different tint levels. I’m not sure which one I tried. Guess I should have paid closer attention.
Denny

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I use dark vermillion for days. In the south the sun is really bright. On real overcast days I use a light gold. I seldom shoot at night, but when I do I use clear lenses.

·
Premium Member
8,260 Posts
MG, I tried a pair of Color Mag “loaners” from Mike at L&M Lenses a year ago. I didn’t realize they came in different tint levels. I’m not sure which one I tried. Guess I should have paid closer attention.
Denny
I agree with you, regarding the clouds and target disappearing on cloudy days.
Mike sold me my L.M. Color Mags and holy poop. Only issue is on brite sunny days the L.M.s are actually to light.
Need to use the Med. Or Dark.
They make three shades now.
MG

1 - 20 of 49 Posts