regarding your Rx, did you have Decot do the Rx or did you
commission a local Dr. ? I have a MINOR distance correction
and shoot with plain lenses, but the time has come put a grind
in my shooting lenses.
Barney

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Barney... I have Decot do the Rx's. I simply sent them a copy of my Rx, told them the color lenses I wanted, and they did the rest. I don't think a local Dr. can do the Decots for you. The lenses must be ground to your Rx before the color is added. I believe you cannot have them ground if they are already colored, but I may be wrong on that. A simple phone call to Decot will answer any questions you may have. They are extremely helpful, and knowledgeable, and will do everything they can to give you the best product they can.... Dan

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
I like both of mine. The sets are made of Polycarbonate lenses for added eye protection. The sets are priced at a discount but the lens colors are chosen for you. Pick the set that gives you the colors you want and save money. Extra colors are always available but not discounted like the sets. The neat Zipper case will hold 5 sets of lenses counting the one on the frames. I bought an extra zipper case for my old set as the cases are great. My choice was the Hunting Package because I don't like the Colormag lenses as they are way too dark for me. Good luck but invest in Polycarbonate lenses to offer protection of your eyes not the standard CR39 that offer very little.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Barney... I have Decot do the Rx's. I simply sent them a copy of my Rx, told them the color lenses I wanted, and they did the rest. I don't think a local Dr. can do the Decots for you. The lenses must be ground to your Rx before the color is added. I believe you cannot have them ground if they are already colored, but I may be wrong on that. A simple phone call to Decot will answer any questions you may have. They are extremely helpful, and knowledgeable, and will do everything they can to give you the best product they can.... Dan
Also , make sure your Prescription has PD (Pupillary Distance) on it. Decot will ask for that. As Trap 2 said above , Decot will do the Rx.
Make sure you understand the difference in the Lens Materials. They will give you CR39 unless you ask for something else. (See Below)
I got Polycarbonate as it`s much more Shatter Resistant than CR 39.

This is Copied from their Site:

"Unless specifically stated or optioned at the time of sale, the lenses will be made of CR39 plastic. Polycarbonate, Trivex and Hi-Index materials are available at additional cost."

Regards , Pete

21 - 27 of 27 Posts