Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you that have Decot Hy-wyd glasses how well do you like them? Looking at buying a package set but would like some imput from somebody with first hand experience. Thanks

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
I bought my first pair from Bud in 1987, bought 2 more pair from Bud In Fl. a couple years later, one pair as back-up just in case, and the other 2 lens set when riding my motorcycle..
They are by far the best..

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Awesome thanks guys that's what I need to know

·
Registered
8,994 Posts
I've been wearing Decots for 40 years. Only two frames sets in that time, but many lenses and colors. I never had a frame break and when I order new lenses they fit perfect and look perfect. Outstanding company service.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
I have 2 sets: Hy Wyd and the Revels. I prefer the Hy Wyd set over the Revel, and only have the Revels as a spare set. Both are great. Have had the Hy Wyds for over 30 years and still going strong. I also have just about all the lens colors, all in Rx, but, actually only regularly use 2 colors... The rest just stay in their case. When my Rx changes (as it does as we age) I only replace those 2 colors... Just my experience

·
Registered
207 Posts
I have a pair of Decot Hywyd with prescription, I think they are good value for money but the temple piece on mine broke off after only 1 year of use. It is a little disappointing and possibly only a fluke, and it was replaced at no charge by Decot who sent me a replacement piece. When I received the replacement temple piece, I couldn't figure out how to install it so I called and my call was immediately answered. Top notch customer service, but you might want to keep a spare if you shoot regularly and have only 1 pair of shooting glasses.

I bought a pair of Pilla Panther X6 post (with prescription) after that, it is a lot of expensive but also a lot more comfortable for me due to its lighter weight and the nice wrap around design of the temple piece. If you don't mind the price, I'll suggest looking into Pilla too.

·
Registered
7,312 Posts
My Dad brought my first pair home from AZ in 1978. Bought my second pair from Bud in '85. No reason to buy anything else.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts