Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been using the Vermillion color lenses for a long time , but have moved to Florida and the bright sun is i thing too much for that shade.
I see they have a shade called color mag, any one use them, any feedback would be welcome.

·
L'Étoile du Nord
497 Posts
I love them. But beware, any clouds at all roll in and your f'd.

·
Banned
7,659 Posts
I had CMT, lenses-dumped them for the same reason that msp548 state--get a set of dark purple for Fl sun

Phil Berkowitz

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
I bought a set 5 weeks ago and was given the warning that you need full sun. Haven't shot in full sun since so have not yet tried them. Looking forward to it (I think). Agree with Phil that the dark purple really seem to be great at cutting glare.

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
Color Mag lenses are way too dark. I would vote for Medium Purple lenses in bright sunlight. If you shoot lenses that nearly cause you to squint under the light conditions, then your using the right ones. Many good shooters use clear or nearly clear lenses.

·
Registered
168 Posts
CMT work great I bright sun and vermillion otherwise for me. Got a set of light purple and wish I went with the darker shade.

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
Ask Decot about Bronze. I don't know which number they are, mine are pretty dark, but not detrimental when clouds go over the sun and have served me real well all over the South, including Florida.

·
Registered
530 Posts
+1 for the dark purple.

Have a set of CMTs, and they do set all ranges of the "red color family" ablaze, but for me they add a blur to the edges of targets (as they rotate) that I find distracting.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Another Vote for Purple for Bright Sun. Degree of Shade really depends on what You think is comfortable , and how Light -Sensitive your eyes are.
Regards , Pete

1 - 9 of 9 Posts