Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
6,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After replacing Obamacare, building the wall, defunding planned abortionhood and pbs. downsizing the IRS, Immigration reform, deporting illegal felons, abolishing the EPA, getting Hillary a nice room in the iron bar hotel, and cancelling all of obamas executive orders...please consider (1) getting congress to pass a bill making English the official language of the US and (2) a bill to outlaw sharia law in the US.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
I certainly get why people would want this but I'm going to play devils advocate:

The US has never had an official language and doubt it ever would. We unofficially use English as our main language but nothing mandates it. It's the language used in our founding documents, congress, the main language used in our schools to teach education and the main language used in the work place. It's the official language used by commercial airline pilots around the world. Not to mention it's the language of Shakespeare and other great authors and the language of the written word found almost universally in magazines, book stores and libraries in the US.

Just thinking it through. Are you worried English is being lost? How would making English the official language change anything? Would part of this law also stipulate that government forms are only printed in English and no other language? Would people still be able to attend Mass and hear the service in Spanish or Italian or other language local to the church or would this be forbidden by law? What if someone doesn't speak English then what? Do we deport them? What if they were born in the US?

Personally, we have enough stupid laws on the books and I doubt we need to create another one that would essentially do or change nothing. With that said however as English is the unofficial language I wouldn't mind if English (reading, writing and spoken) was required for citizenship since it's the conman language of the land. :)

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have to say I do like the English part. I don't think that there should be any option to press 2 for a different language. If your a citizen here you should speak English. Period.

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
I have to say I do like the English part. I don't think that there should be any option to press 2 for a different language. If your a citizen here you should speak English. Period.
Just as if I was going to travel to Japan(just an example I pulled out of the air), I would feel it my duty to learn their language or have a plan so that they wouldn't have to change things to accommodate me. This is the USA where we speak English. Learn the language and use the language while here. We should not have to change things to accommodate other people's failure to adapt.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Third Article:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

The establishment of sharia law as anything but voluntary in the United States is already illegal.

·
Registered
6,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will fight TOOTH AND NAIL through my representatives and let them know in no lessor terms if they pass this "wall" their jobs will be in jeopardy! That goes for the EPA and planned parent hood as well...........

GS
You fought tooth and nail to elect Hillary. May you be just as successful in your latest threat.

·
Registered
7,361 Posts
I will fight TOOTH AND NAIL through my representatives and let them know in no lessor terms if they pass this "wall" their jobs will be in jeopardy! That goes for the EPA and planned parent hood as well...........GS
Fight all you want. Your little democrat voice is such a minority that Ed and Dan won't give two Shiz about your whining. You and the rest of the liberals are so out numbered in your area, you might as well save your breath.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
I will fight TOOTH AND NAIL through my representatives and let them know in no lessor terms if they pass this "wall" their jobs will be in jeopardy! That goes for the EPA and planned parent hood as well...........

GS
Good for you. That's the way things are supposed to work.

You're obviously opposed to the wall, don't want reductions in federal funding of planned parenthood and don't want to see the EPA regulation lessened.

I'm not fond myself of planned parenthood as it funds activities related to abortions which I'm opposed to (religious beliefs). To me abortions rank right next to murder and in some ways worse since the unborn can't defend itself in any manner. I certainly don't want my tax dollars going toward something that is seen by most religions as a grave sin. Now if it were strictly women's health services then it might be another story on funding. However, even in this case for the same dollar spent I'd prefer "credits" or something a person could use to visit their normal health care provider or Obgyn which provides these services. There are plenty of counseling services that don't require federal funding. While I don't agree with PP that doesn't mean I think it needs to close down as long as abortion is legal (even if I oppose it) but it should be privately funded.

EPA: The EPA has over-reached it's intended purpose. There is a role for the EPA (or similar) but it needs to be reasonable and based on facts. It's over-reaching when it does things like ban lead for example. There is no proof that lead causes the problems they say it does for example. As an example I grew up in a home with lead pipes for the first 20 years of my life and the last 8 years of my life with another 4 or 5 years in the middle (lead pipes). That's over 1/2 my life drinking water from lead pipes. I also melt and make my own bullets and shot and have my blood tested about twice a year and it's no higher then average. The EPA's stance on lead and many other things is just wrong and not based on scientific facts (but cherry picked). If it were pulled back and based on solid science then it would serve the proper service it was intended without hurting business.

Wall: Is your problem with the wall the cost or that you don't think we should stop people from entering our country illegally, smuggling drugs, etc? I will say I'm not really a fan of a physical wall. It's going to be what 20 feet high and 5 foot deep? People will just go 6 feet under it. If it's 10 foot deep people will dig 11 feet deep. I'm all for controlling illegal entry to our country and think we should have a rational, easier way to gain citizenship. However I'm all for a technical wall. By that I mean surveillance, heat sensors, laser beams, etc that detect illegal entry with the needed man power to do the job. If citizenship were easier and it was far harder to illegally enter then more people would go the legal route. This in turn would offer more protection for those crossing (not being exploited) and enable them to work legally, pay into unemployment insurance and be able to collect SS down the road like any other citizen. This IMHO is better for everyone.

How do your thoughts differ?

·
Registered
21,600 Posts

GS
Boy I bet they will be scared sh!tless after you threaten their jobs. :rolleyes:

This boy is a special kind of stupid if he really believes his own crap.

Personally I hope they build the wall with guard towers on top. The guards stationed should have shoot to kill orders. Illegal means illegal. If you enter my home illegally, expect to be met by a lead welcome gift. Why should our country be any different?

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Boy I bet they will be scared sh!tless after you threaten their jobs. :rolleyes:

This boy is a special kind of stupid if he really believes his own crap.

Personally I hope they build the wall with guard towers on top. The guards stationed should have shoot to kill orders. Illegal means illegal. If you enter my home illegally, expect to be met by a lead welcome gift. Why should our country be any different?
Because one violates a legal concept that has been for much of the history of western civilization (the castle doctrine) and the other is an act of murder against usually unarmed civilians, often advocated by blowhards on the internet.

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Because one violates a legal concept that has been for much of the history of western civilization (the castle doctrine) and the other is an act of murder against usually unarmed civilians, often advocated by blowhards on the internet.
Spoken like a true Hillary voting fool. One thing you can hang your hat on, I'm no blowhard.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Spoken like a true Hillary voting fool. One thing you can hang your hat on, I'm no blowhard.
For one, I didn't vote for Hillary.

For another, youre completely a blowhard. Do you even know any Border Patrol agents? I do because I actually live in Texas, not Illinois.

I personally do not want these fine members of law enforcement officers to go from detaining people that illegally cross the border to murdering people. For their sake if for no one else's.

Shooting an unarmed person that is no immediate threat has no legal precedence. You're just spouting nonsense.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Or continue to advocate for this foolishness and then be the first to come down and sign up for a death squad. Then you'll be a true follower of your convictions.

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
For one, I didn't vote for Hillary.

For another, youre completely a blowhard. Do you even know any Border Patrol agents? I do because I actually live in Texas, not Illinois.

I personally do not want these fine members of law enforcement officers to go from detaining people that illegally cross the border to murdering people. For their sake if for no one else's.

Shooting an unarmed person that is no immediate threat has no legal precedence. You're just spouting nonsense.
Listen here William, I don't give a rats ass who you know or where you live. If anything, you are the blowhard sitting behind your keyboard calling me a blowhard. You bring your happy ass on up here and call me a blowhard while standing in front of me and then we will see otherwise STFU. I don't know who nominated you as the forum legal guru but I didn't pull your flip'n chain, so just crawl your happy ass back into your safe space.

·
Banned
4,288 Posts
If it were pulled back and based on solid science then it would serve the proper service it was intended without hurting business.
My respone was true to the OP and abolishing the EPA is just silly. All for common sense.

Is your problem with the wall the cost or that you don't think we should stop people from entering our country illegally,
Over 50% of the Mexican illegals here currently would have not been stopped if we had a wall. I am not paying for something that will not relieve 50% of the problem. This would be a tragic burden for our already debt ridden country.

GS

·
Premium Member
8,161 Posts
And please Santa, park an M-1 Abrams tank on that creep hilary, so she does not rise from the grave. I have not been a good boy this year, but I'm asking for a redestribution of the nice like obama does with other people's money to cover my wish. Your pal.
Aloha One What? too early??...

1 - 20 of 46 Posts