Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at buying a gun from him with no return privilege. I know that he is aregular on here, and he seems knowledgeable and straight-up. Anyone done any deals with him? Please, no general posts about buying without return privilege.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I know he is one of the contributing editors for Blue Book, a personal friend of the late Daniele Perazzi and Lucio, and a collector of English, Italian shotguns and Patek Philippe wrist watches, his email address is named after his favorite watch. Also a pretty good shot from what I heard.

I bought three Perazzis, 1 sideplate, 1 SCO, and 1 MX-8. One Fabbri piegon gun. One Holland & Holland Royal Game gun from him in the past 10~15 years. All his personal guns. Other than the now closed Ivory Beads, he is the best source of fine shotguns for me. No returns on all his deals. I had to fly to L.A. to check the first gun I bought from him. Everything went very well since. He did send me a new parts kit because there was a hairline crack on the MX-8 stock he didn't see.

My only complain is his prices. I've never paid anything less than what he asked for. He gave me a free extra stock for the Royal Game Gun as a discount.

A very knowledgeable person and a true gentleman.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Peter. You confirmed what I believed to be the case, although I had no idea of the extent of his gun dealings. Mine is very small time.
Mo Powers

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
With the 5 guns that P.S. says he has purchased, those 5 probably add up to more than 95% of what most shotgunners would spend in two lifetimes on guns.......

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I have had several dealings with Steve. Never a problem. He is a personal friend and fellow Perazzi owner. He is exteremely knowledgeable when it comes to shotguns in general and he is also a contributer to the Blue Book in the Perazzi section. You should have no concerns at all in dealing with him.
I would certaintly worry about that Little Gambler guy in the previous post though. Just kidding about Ricky. Great guy and great shot.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Had Very GOOD dealing with Steve previously What a Gentelman!! True to his word Would also like to meet him personaly....Chuck in Chicago

·
Registered
476 Posts
I have bought barrels , wood sets, and trigger assemblies from him and everything was as described. Very knowledgeable on any high grade gun.

·
Banned
2,644 Posts
Some time back I purchased a barrel from Steve. Price seemed fair to me and was just as described. Instant shipping. He def takes care of business. I can't tell you if he beat me on the deal or not, but if he did I'm down w/ that. I got a primo barrel out of the deal and that was what matters.

Charlie

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.