Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been in the market for a 29-30" DB-81 for some time. When that gorgeous CC showed up yesterday I was way slow to react.....SOLD! Anyway, I was confused by what I believed to be the proof stamp on the monoblock....XXX that would suggest 1974. Can anyone explain?

·
Registered
472 Posts
Tom

I have a late model DB81 31.5" Choke tube gun if you are interested.I sent more Pics and detail of gun in a P.M. to you.

John G.
Gun Firearm Rifle Shotgun Trigger

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
There is a beauty listed for sale here, reduced to 4750. Not sold yet, s/n 59XXX. the 3 Xs are not date code or proof marks, the are the last 3 digits of the serial number, a common practice.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Joe,
Unless I have this confused with another gun, I thought the original listing showed the bottom of the monoblock where the XXX was stamped. I could be wrong, usually am. Not referring to the SN XXX

Tom

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
The DB-81 was first produced in 1981 and endorsed in Trap & Field by Dan Bonillas. My TMX and MX-3 both have alpha code AI under the monobloc and this means proof date 1982. The link above shows the 2 character alpha code for guns made in Italy.

·
Strong Supporter of Trapshooting
4,727 Posts
Click the above link to my site and I have a listing showing the year of manufacture based upon the stamping on the undereside of the monobloc.

WW

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK................I apparently was confused, hallucinating, must have skipped my med's. Probably shouldn't shoot 'till it passes....Go fishing instead.

Tom

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.