Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Vendor
19,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In pics you can see Dave's work. Very good 4 way combs and please note his additional rib. The neat things about the rib are these: 1) it tapers as it is elevated at the rear nearly to 3/8" and down to 1/8" at the front. It does naturally raise the sight picture for a higher POI. 2) rather than sit on top of the rib, it is actually a "cap" that fits over the rib and the rib that you see is identical in width to your current tapered rib. And 3) it is attached without screws. Looks very natural. I Some pics of his work on my preferred gun.
DSCN6707.JPG
DSCN6708.JPG
DSCN6702.JPG
DSCN6687.JPG
DSCN6690.JPG
DSCN6691.JPG
DSCN6695.JPG

·
Vendor
19,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have no idea about the turnaround on the rib, but DAve knocks out 4 ways in 10 days or less. We talk about DAve less than others, but Dave can make you gun sing.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts

I have know Dave for many years,he has done all my stock work because I believe he is the best..

·
Registered
102 Posts
In pics you can see Dave's work. Very good 4 way combs and please note his additional rib. The neat things about the rib are these: 1) it tapers as it is elevated at the rear nearly to 3/8" and down to 1/8" at the front. It does naturally raise the sight picture for a higher POI. 2) rather than sit on top of the rib, it is actually a "cap" that fits over the rib and the rib that you see is identical in width to your current tapered rib. And 3) it is attached without screws. Looks very natural. I Some pics of his work on my preferred gun.
View attachment 303518 View attachment 303519 View attachment 303520 View attachment 303521 View attachment 303522 View attachment 303523 View attachment 303524
How is the rib attached?

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
How is the rib attached?
Most add-on ribs attach with either Black RTV adhesive or the thin 3M two sided automotive emblem/molding tape. You'd be amazed at how secure either option works for this task.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts