Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody else have problems spilling their beer on their gun? Ok, its a rainy Saturday afternoon and I was cleaning one of my old Model 12s that had been sitting for awhile and my beer got away from me. NO I WASN'T OUT SHOOTING IT!

Steve

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anybody else have problems spilling their beer on their gun? Ok, its a rainy Saturday afternoon and I was cleaning one of my old Model 12s that had been sitting for awhile and my beer got away from me. NO I WASN'T OUT SHOOTING IT!

Steve

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
I use beer all the time as a barrel scrub since I heard it was less corrosive than "No. 9"

Bud works the best, I'd rather drink the Miller products.

SW

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
I use beer all the time as a barrel scrub since I heard it was less corrosive than "No. 9"

Bud works the best, I'd rather drink the Miller products.

SW

·
Registered
353 Posts
Nothing better than the smell of Coors Light, gun oil and a wood burning stove. I can clean guns all day - well, till I have to go pee every other beer, then just clean the beers.

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
I wasn't going to relate the second part of the story because it may be too horrible for more sensitive readers - not to mention the ridicule I am subjecting myself to.

The Browning XT was laying in a foam lined Americase, which was open. After I came back into the room, I closed the case and put it away. My cat had left the scene of the crime, and cat pee is essentially invisible. However, after 24 hours in a gun case, it develops a particular odor that is hard to miss. Also it contain certain chemicals that a nickle hydride finish is not resistant to.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Jeez, I think I'm gonna shoot my cat just to prevent this kind trouble. The beer was nothin'. I wonder if Tron has this kind of trouble with his kitty? But I guess Kitty knows about guns.

Steve

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
And all you could say to the wife about where the cat went was " damned if I know".

Same thing happened to Jimmy Hoffa.

Rock

Jim

·
Registered
485 Posts
I didn't do the beer thing, but I did blop mustard and ketchup on my citori barrels walking out to the line one night. It was on them for a few minutes before I noticed. It took the blueing right off. So,......be careful when your eating hot dogs while walking out to the line to shoot!!

·
Premium Member
11,728 Posts
Were you drinking the beer one ounce at a time every 5 minutes? If so, you could win $5000. Or was it $5?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.