Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on dark days overcast or cloudy days i cant see the 27 yard targets what is the answer ive tried every color of lenses stood on my head layd down even tried it sober nothing works im sure me being 70 dosent help eather, help please.
blind man

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Hold lower on the house and find a lens that will bring out the contrast. What glasses do you wear? I am thinking maybe the ColorMag stuff.

What lenses have you used?

·
Registered
16,715 Posts
A very light Orange or Gold is what I have found to work best in heavy overcast.

I just bombed the first round of a shoot last week fromhaving too dark a lens. Lesson learned.

HM

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Nobody sees as well in dim light as they do otherwise. The answer appears to be that your eyes require more light than they used to to see in dim light and ANY colored lens reduces total amount of light you get. Changing the wavelength of the light you receive or changing the contrast in colors doesn't increase the light you get to use. Either increase the amount of light coming into your eyes or accept the fact that you can't see as well as you used to. One tip... either don't wear a baseball cap on dim days or turn it around with the bill in the back. The bill creates a dark area in front of your eyes.

MK

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.