Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
36,825 Posts
I thought his gun had SN#1. I had read that in the late 70’s.

Maybe he had more than one Mono?

That crazy stock extension would make sense for a guy the size of Dan O.

Then there is this:

and this:

· Registered
13,002 Posts
He may or may not have owned that gun BUT, it IS NOT the one he used to shoot his way to fame . His original Ljutic was serial # 1 . In fact when Big Dan first started blazing thru the record books, He was shooting a different gun. Dan started out shooting a Remington model 31 and shot it for a good while . That was the gun he was shooting when he and George Snellenberger once tied for the singles Championship back in 1961. After 600 or so shoot off targets ,They both decided to call it quits and ATA had to declare them CO-Champions. I'm not sure what year Big Dan got his SN # 1 Ljutic but as pheantnaster said sometime in the early 80s he went to an MX-8.

· Registered
614 Posts
He may or may not have owned that gun BUT, it IS NOT the one he used to shoot his way to fame . His original Ljutic was serial # 1 . In fact when Big Dan first started blazing thru the record books, He was shooting a different gun. Dan started out shooting a Remington model 31 and shot it for a good while . That was the gun he was shooting when he and George Snellenberger once tied for the singles Championship back in 1961. After 600 or so shoot off targets ,They both decided to call it quits and ATA had to declare them CO-Champions. I'm not sure what year Big Dan got his SN # 1 Ljutic but as pheantnaster said sometime in the early 80s he went to an MX-8.
Thanks Bro.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.