·
Banned
16,308 Posts
Take good care of her.
Really nice looking lab!

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Awww, that's hard to look at. I hope she heals up good.

My wife used to get so mad at me for bringing home damaged dogs. We hunted hard and often and one of the guys I hunted with always brought along the "sewing" kit to put 'em back together, give 'em a days rest and then back at it. They're hard to keep down.

Jimmy Bowen

·
Registered
477 Posts
Same thing happened with my lab a while back with a burr. Vet checked that nothing was left in and that none of the scratches were too deep. Biggest worry is he would scratch his eye himself due to the itch, fortunately he never did.

When it comes down to it they are way tougher that we are.

·
Registered
58 Posts
A friend makes it a practice to rinse his pups eyes out after a day on the job, pup and master feel lots better and are ready for the next day.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Hunting dogs are amazing. They will do anything for you. Hoping for a speedy recovery.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Around here we have a Urgi-Care type vets office for immediate treatment. A little more pricey but money well spent to take care of our pals. Don't know if your area has those. Years ago I had to use them during an ice storm.

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
She's a tough girl, as long as she's not scratching it herself she's be back to normal soon.

·
Registered
4,954 Posts
That sucks for her, hoping all heals up well, my biggest fear is my lab running around old barb wired fences, just make me shudder.........

·
Premium Member
3,833 Posts
That sucks for her, hoping all heals up well, my biggest fear is my lab running around old barb wired fences, just make me shudder.........
Many moons ago in Iowa I had a lab jump over a fence and the barbed wire made a "L" shaped tear in her chest. Took her to a vet and he flushed it out and stitched and super glued the tear and told me I could hunt her the next day which I did.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts