Trapshooters Forum banner

Daisy 188 Pistol

1138 Views 6 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  29 palms
My grandson and I found his uncles Daisy 188 recently. It has 2 problems.
1. If the barrel is tipped down from horizontal the bb rolls out.
2. If you hold it slightly elevated it has less velocity than we could do with a soda straw.
Daisy`s web sight is no help, and the guys on YouTube just like to hear themselves talk.
We are going to do exploratory surgery on the coffee table, but with these symptoms what should we be looking at?
We are hoping someone has a little hands-on experience with this. Thank you.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We resuscitated it! Thank you, my grandson is stoked. The magnate had some hard gunk build up on it and the diaphragm seems to be be working better with every shot.
My son took him out before this current deployment and shot .22 pistol and .38 in a heavy frame .357, he's so anxious to get better and show his uncle his improvement.
Thanks for your advice.

· Registered
4,110 Posts
We resuscitated it! Thank you, my grandson is stoked. The magnate had some hard gunk build up on it and the diaphragm seems to be be working better with every shot.
My son took him out before this current deployment and shot .22 pistol and .38 in a heavy frame .357, he's so anxious to get better and show his uncle his improvement.
Thanks for your advice.
Remember safety glasses. My father gave me my 1st 22 rifle when I was 12. Use to take it out and shoot it myself all the time. Yet I was never allowed to have a BB gun. The steel BB's will hit a hard surface and come right back at you. Amazing at how fast and hard they travel after hitting a basement wall. Don't ask how I know.

· Registered
1,828 Posts
Remember safety glasses. My father gave me my 1st 22 rifle when I was 12. Use to take it out and shoot it myself all the time. Yet I was never allowed to have a BB gun. The steel BB's will hit a hard surface and come right back at you. Amazing at how fast and hard they travel after hitting a basement wall. Don't ask how I know.
Not to mention how fast they feel when your little brother shoots you in the butt. Please don’t ask me how I know!

· Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My older brothers Red Rider had quite a history. The first incident was when my older sister was pretending to be a trick shooter and holding the gun backwards on her shoulder ( with no mirror) shot a little bird off a fence post. We cried and gave the poor little guy a military burial with 21 BB salute.
A couple years later we were transferred. While we were helping the movers unload the truck a kid down the street snuck on and stole the gun. Luckily a teenage boy next door (who's father was a CHP officer) saw this and took off after the thief and was shot in the forehead. Well all hell broke loose, the thiefs next door neighbor was a town police officer, the CHP, and my dad the Marine, all converged on the thiefs house. The kid was arrested and sent away, he had a long history with the police.
Our house had been vacant for some time and the local dogs were using the front yard as an outhouse. So my dad positioned the gun by the front door. The rule was we could only fire while a dog was in a squat. It didn't take long for the word to get around dog world, and my mom became a good shot.
It's final story was many years later when I was in college. My younger stepbrother took it out of my locked closet at home and started shooting out neighborhood windows. It was confiscated by the LA County Sherrifs, never to be seen again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.