Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,

I am in the market for several Da-Mar scope bases. Prefer the #1 or #2 for the 870/1100/11-87 12 and 20 gauge but will consider any of the models. Please PM me with what you have and what you are asking. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
13,527 Posts
Just an FYI they are longer being made (Brownell's shows them as discontinued).

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
I have a new one for an LT20.

I also have a 12 ga one that is mounted on an 1100 receiver. Don't want to remove it so a possible receiver swap (via FFL) or buy it outright.

·
Registered
393 Posts
These look like a nice design but look a bit challenging to drill n tap at the correct angles, on both sides. Any error would create excessive force on the screws when under the stress of recoil. They also look challenging to mount level on the receiver.

If you decide to use a Weaver base instead you could also drill and counter sink an extra hole or two, on the base, for added mounting strength.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Appreciate the tip. You are absolutely correct. Total PITA to mount. To do it correctly you need to tilt the head of your milling machine to drill and tap the receiver. Mounting level is not so hard if you indicate from the flat side of the receiver. I like the finished product enough to put up with the hassle. Anyone out there have an extra or 2 they do not need?

·
Registered
393 Posts
Good luck with your search!

It's been awhile since I've D&T'd an 1100 but I believe I used a 53 Weaver (for win 88 & 100) as it has the same radius...because it's longer than Weaver's recommend mount for the 870/1100, and it had room for additional holes in the thicker metal area of the receiver.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts