Trapshooters Forum banner

21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I'm happily shooting a pair of Browning's (BT-99 and Citori) and was interested in finding a combo to "simplify" my life (Ha Ha!).

I have been looking at used 682's, used Perozzi's, used ...used...used guns. My issue is how used are theses guns ... it is hit or miss, some may be light and some may have 150,000 rounds through them. I'm stashing the cash and will buy something some day but the price of the CZ Trap Combo is very affordable and I was thinking this could be a case where a company is discounting a gun to get a foothold in the market. The wood, features and price make a compelling argument to consider this gun. So I am looking for anyone that knows anything about the reliability of this gun or CZ shotguns.

Thank you for the input on the quality of Turkish shotguns, definitely something to keep in mind.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
I have shot a CZ. My brother bought one new. Broke about 5 times in a few months. He sold the POS. He shoots a Browning now.
A friend bought a CZ and had continuous problems with it. CZ finally replaced the gun with a new one. That new one is unfired and for sale at a discount. If you're interested, send me a PM and I will get you in touch. His experience with CZ will save you some money. He considers them junk so you're in a good bargaining position if you want to try to prove him wrong (or right).
Which CZ, and when was it purchased? Was it the specific model referenced by the OP? If not, this is all just more of the same bullsh!t.

I have no particular love for CZs and have never owned one. The OP, however, asked for info on a specific model, and what he gets is a bunch opinions based not on that model, but previous experiences with a company's products or Turkish-made guns in general. I'm going to assume he's smart enough to take them with the grain of salt they're worth.

·
What squad am I on?
Lots of different guns...
7,767 Posts
I'm happily shooting a pair of Browning's (BT-99 and Citori) and was interested in finding a combo to "simplify" my life (Ha Ha!).

I have been looking at used 682's, used Perozzi's, used ...used...used guns. My issue is how used are theses guns ... it is hit or miss, some may be light and some may have 150,000 rounds through them. I'm stashing the cash and will buy something some day but the price of the CZ Trap Combo is very affordable and I was thinking this could be a case where a company is discounting a gun to get a foothold in the market. The wood, features and price make a compelling argument to consider this gun. So I am looking for anyone that knows anything about the reliability of this gun or CZ shotguns.

Thank you for the input on the quality of Turkish shotguns, definitely something to keep in mind.
I believe you're spot on. Unless your buying used from a respected dealer that can verify factory service intervals or there's a quality paper trail of service, you simply cannot know what all was done throughout the life of a used "quality" firearm. For all you know, an ad advertising a like new gun may have been put in a vice to give it that "still tight" feeling and will open up after a few weeks of shooting.
I haven't heard much about the new CZ but it looks good, hell...I'm considering it just as a comparison to my TT15.

Reactions: njshooter

·
Registered
910 Posts
I have a CZ Woodcock o/u in 20 gauge that I use for skeet. It was a Father's Day gift from my wife several years ago. It's a 2010 serial number gun and has given me no problems 2-3k rounds through it so far. I hear the earlier guns had problems, but again none for me. I keep looking for one in 12 ga for skeet or trap doubles, but they are few and far between. I did look and handle the sporting guns the op is asking about at the NRA show a couple of years ago. Nice guns, but for long term durability and support, I would still go for a Browning, or other favorite mainline brand.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
A manufacturers name doesn't mean its going to be great or a flop.

upload_2016-6-23_10-53-58.png

Also good to consider that not everyone wants or needs a shogtun that will take 200k rounds. I shoot with plenty of league guys that are casual shooters but would like to have some more advanced features without breaking the bank.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Which CZ, and when was it purchased? Was it the specific model referenced by the OP? If not, this is all just more of the same bullsh!t.

I have no particular love for CZs and have never owned one. The OP, however, asked for info on a specific model, and what he gets is a bunch opinions based not on that model, but previous experiences with a company's products or Turkish-made guns in general. I'm going to assume he's smart enough to take them with the grain of salt they're worth.
ditchparrot, if you read the OP it has two questions, "I was wondering if anyone has any info, experience or opinions on the CZ Trap Combo? Or CZ-USA as a company?"

My post tells you something about the company. Fact 1: They replaced the gun that they admittedly could not repair to workable condition. Fact 2: The owner considers it junk. Fact 3: The first question in the OP asked for opinions and he got several including mine.

I sure do appreciate you policing the site though. There is no requirement for you to read any of it so I do appreciate the volunteer aspect of your efforts. In my opinion, you should treat yourself to a CZ for your efforts. Hey it's your lucky day, I know where you can get one at a discount.

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
The CZ shotgun is being more actively promoted in sporting clays, with top shooter Tom Mack a sponsored shooter. Dave Miller has done videos for them and Anna Poluchova, the company president is an active sporting clays competitor as well.

·
Premium Member
11,725 Posts
The CZ shotgun is being more actively promoted in sporting clays, with top shooter Tom Mack a sponsored shooter. Dave Miller has done videos for them and Anna Poluchova, the company president is an active sporting clays competitor as well.
Alice...

·
Sky Buster
4,031 Posts
You're right about that – my apologies.
Here's my experience with Turkish made shotguns. Seven or eight years ago, I bought
a Smith & Wesson 0/u. The gun was over $2,000.00 and it was such a piece of crap
S&W refunded what I paid for it. Not long afterwards, S&W discontinued their
Turkish made guns. I also bought a Turkish made Mossberg 0/u. It didn't
make it through one pheasant season without breaking. The last one was a
Weatherby semi-auto. It didn't work out of the box. No more Turkey's
for me.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Spoke with a young man shooting the new sporting clays gun from cz has about 6000 rounds through it with no problems still tight. I don't believe these are huglu guns they are made by a different company

·
Banned
1,775 Posts
ditchparrot: A previous post you are referencing did not state the owner pulled the stock and stripped the receiver; that was your interpretation, and you are wrong. The machining I examined was viewing the receiver from the knuckle toward the standing breech. This is the machining I referred to as "making a machinist cry." If this is TriStar's idea of how the interior of a receiver should be machined, I'd shutter to thing of what the interior machining that can't be viewed by just detaching the barrel looks like. Can't recall viewing anything quite like it; and I've seen more than my share of sub-par shotgun manufacturers that either discontinued operations or just continued to produce crude products that catered to a few fools who lost money by desperately hoping they would find a "diamond in the rough". I'll let you explain if you fit with the latter. For your sake, I hope you are being compensated for the blather you continually express for shotguns made in Turkey.

This should calm your enthusiasm for acting as a foolish shill for your beloved TriStar and all other manufactured goods from Turkey (including CZ).

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have one of the new trap combos and am loving it!! The gun is very tight and is going to be a great shotgun. I have had several CZs and have not had many problems. This gun is made in Turkey but to the specs that CZ has put out there. Everything you need is included, adj butt pad, adj rib, adj comb. This is a great gun for the money!

·
Registered
174 Posts
I bought a new CZ712 semi auto last year. The hammer broke after 500 rounds. CZ repaired it quickly. Then after 2000 rounds the gas piston split in half. I haven't gotten it repaired yet. Very poor quality guns. Made by Huglu in Turkey.

21 - 40 of 66 Posts