Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has any info, experience or opinions on the CZ Trap Combo? Or CZ-USA as a company?

I was looking over the Trap model at the PA State shoot and it really looks and feels like a nice gun. I know they are new to the game and there are not a lot out there but the features vs price make me want to consider this as a possible option for my next gun.

·
Sky Buster
3,987 Posts
I was wondering if anyone has any info, experience or opinions on the CZ Trap Combo? Or CZ-USA as a company?

I was looking over the Trap model at the PA State shoot and it really looks and feels like a nice gun. I know they are new to the game and there are not a lot out there but the features vs price make me want to consider this as a possible option for my next gun.
CZ handguns and rifles are great but their shotguns are made in Turkey.
Not way high up on the quality list.

·
Registered
11,552 Posts
Here's what I know about CZ-USA. They are based here in the Kansas City area and I have met their president, and shot clays with her and her husband many times. Alice Poluchova. Nice lady.

CZ makes excellent quality handguns and rifles.

As far as I know, their shotguns are made by Huglu in Turkey.

Huglu, like many Turkish manufacturers have a spotty past. Will this gun be better?

Who knows?

Reactions: firedawg

·
Thorn in your side
8,112 Posts
Used Browning would be money better spent. I have owned a couple Turkish shotguns. They don't hold up.

·
Premium Member
5,311 Posts
Oh crap, someone said the T word.
Great question to extend this thread!!!

Hey, how many rounds do you have through your turkish CZ? .....:popcorn:

Reactions: KS-OKIE and RickN

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
When I went over to CZs website and saw the gun I assumed it would be at a similar price point to the Tristar but dang I was wrong.
Grabagun shows it at $2907

·
Registered
454 Posts
I will be following this thread as well. As a coach with six or seven possible buyers. I have had this gun in my hands and was very impressed by the quality of wood on the one I saw. Action is very tight. The total package is well thought out. I can't wait to have these kids shoot the CZ at the sctp nationals. After speaking with CZ by phone they were very helpful and assured me that cz will start to have a presence at these bigger shoots.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Son of a bee-otch!

How come every time one of these threads gets started we have to have a bunch of suggestions about buying a used this or that? It's way beyond tiresome, as the suggestions come straight out of the blue and are not in any way solicited by the OP. If he'd asked for "this or that?" opinions, that'd be one thing. He didn't, however; he asked about experience with a particular model. Same thing with the TriStar threads.

Yeah, there have been many Turkish guns that were poorly made and couldn't withstand the pounding that even a recreational trapshooter put them through. That doesn't mean that the newer stuff isn't a hell of a lot better. Until you've had some type of experience with them, the suggestions that "you'd be better off buying a used yada, yada yada" are completely without merit.

·
Registered
11,552 Posts
Well, CZ is big enough that maybe they can have a stronger Quality Assurance presence at the Turkish factory.

·
Registered
11,552 Posts
One thing I note that some will not care for is that the unsingle barrel is 32 inch. The double barrel set is also 32 inch.

Reactions: MDshotgunner

·
Registered
790 Posts

If you buy it you had better keep it. Whether or not these Turk guns have gotten better or not is open to much debate.
What has not gotten better are the prices of used Turk guns. Too many folks have been burned by them and so their value is at rock bottom.

·
Thorn in your side
8,112 Posts
Son of a bee-otch!

How come every time one of these threads gets started we have to have a bunch of suggestions about buying a used this or that? It's way beyond tiresome, as the suggestions come straight out of the blue and are not in any way solicited by the OP. If he'd asked for "this or that?" opinions, that'd be one thing. He didn't, however; he asked about experience with a particular model. Same thing with the TriStar threads.

Yeah, there have been many Turkish guns that were poorly made and couldn't withstand the pounding that even a recreational trapshooter put them through. That doesn't mean that the newer stuff isn't a hell of a lot better. Until you've had some type of experience with them, the suggestions that "you'd be better off buying a used yada, yada yada" are completely without merit.
Yeah, trying to help someone from making a $2000 mistake is horrible. Shame on us for that. You keep shooting your POS and good luck when it breaks. I've been there, done that... twice. I am not speaking out of my ass. I know what they are good for, and it ISN"T competitive shooting with thousands of rounds a month. They won't hold up.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
If you don't want a quality, well cared for, used gun in the same price range of the CZ, then buy the new crap-ola.
Hey bossbasl, I'm still waiting for that detailed critique on the deficiencies of the TT-15 innards based on the highly illustrative photos that Wadhopper posted in the other thread. Remember, you called it a "machinist's nightmare" or something of the sort after claiming that somebody brought one to your club and took it apart right there on the spot, and you subsequently made your expert evaluation. Do you think you can get to that soon? I'll gladly dig up the thread with the photos, if necessary.

Yeah, trying to help someone from making a $2000 mistake is horrible. Shame on us for that. You keep shooting your POS and good luck when it breaks. I've been there, done that... twice. I am not speaking out of my ass. I know what they are good for, and it ISN"T competitive shooting with thousands of rounds a month. They won't hold up.
Do you have substantial personal experience with the CZ Combo? How about with the TriStar TT-15? If not, you have no legitimate basis for comparing them with anything. ANYTHING! Previous guns from the same company or same country of origin don't fit that bill, period. Every gun needs to be judged on its own merits.

Quite a few (think they) know-it-alls around here.

·
Thorn in your side
8,112 Posts
Hey bossbasl, I'm still waiting for that detailed critique on the deficiencies of the TT-15 innards based on the highly illustrative photos that Wadhopper posted in the other thread. Remember, you called it a "machinist's nightmare" or something of the sort after claiming that somebody brought one to your club and took it apart right there on the spot, and you subsequently made your expert evaluation. Do you think you can get to that soon? I'll gladly dig up the thread with the photos, if necessary.

Do you have substantial personal experience with the CZ Combo? How about with the TriStar TT-15? If not, you have no legitimate basis for comparing them with anything. ANYTHING! Previous guns from the same company or same country of origin don't fit that bill, period. Every gun needs to be judged on its own merits.

Quite a few (think they) know-it-alls around here.
Not know it all's, just know enough not to buy a Turkish gun!

Why does your opinion of my opinion have more value? I don't believe it does.

I have shot a CZ. My brother bought one new. Broke about 5 times in a few months. He sold the POS. He shoots a Browning now.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
A friend bought a CZ and had continuous problems with it. CZ finally replaced the gun with a new one. That new one is unfired and for sale at a discount. If you're interested, send me a PM and I will get you in touch. His experience with CZ will save you some money. He considers them junk so you're in a good bargaining position if you want to try to prove him wrong (or right).

1 - 20 of 66 Posts