Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put 1350 rounds through it this summer with zero issues. Metal and wood finish still excellent but the lever is still tight . I definitely give this gun a thumbs up to a beginner trap shooter because of all the adjustability built into it for the money.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Good to hear, not many good reviews on them, hope it continues to go well for you.

Reactions: North ron

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Over 2000 rds thru mine so far this season.Only problem is with people thinking its a BT99 and I have to correct them.

·
Registered
275 Posts
My son tried one out at the AIM Grand just for fun at the CZ trailer. He said it was really unbalanced.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
I talked to a guy yesterday at the club. He was having trouble with hard right targets. Him & his buddy went down to the pattern board. They both shot the gun free hand and from a monopod. Yup, it’s shooting “well to the left” they said, as I didn’t see their results.

He’s a little less than thrilled with his purchase. I wish you all the luck in the world, since you’ve parted with your hard earned cash.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This one shoots straight and 80/20 . 1350 rounds by a older shooter with dementia ,under strict supervision.

·
Registered
179 Posts
A good friend of mine bought one for his son. He bought the 30” top single. It was really tight at first but broke in nicely. Very nice blueing and decent wood. His has adjustable comb and factory adjustable butt pad. Should be able to fit anyone. I shot it just to see what it was like. It was very fast to the bird but broke em hard. I’m sure the speed was due to the 30” barrel. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend it. Nice entry level trap gun.

·
Premium Member
622 Posts
As stated by others, for some of us that's only two or three weeks of shooting. I don't consider a gun tested until it hits 10-20k rounds. Hopefully the results will be the same for you when you reach those milestones

·
Registered
19 Posts
Glad to hear it’s working out so far. I wanted one when they first came out and I was just getting started in trap. Some people at the club steered me to a BT99 and it’s been a great gun. The CZ has more attractive wood and bluing, we’ll see if they can match the durability of a Browning.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have the cheaper Redhead target with well over 10K through it at this point, had it since 2017. The All American looks nice, a bit spendy but have read a few positive reviews on it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I sincerely hope you make it north of 10K with that gun as they do seem like nice pieces. As far as budget break open guns go, I would go with the CZ before any of the others. The ones that talk the most trash about guns such as the CZ (and others) are the same ones who have never so much as held one off the rack in a gun shop. They just read what other nay sayers post on other forums then repeat what has already been said. So in all do respect, lets be honest here. Which one of the nay sayers has actually owned said gun? Probably a resounding ”no” right? Given that, you have no real world experience from which to base your opinion of said gun on and ultimately it is just your opinion. Nothing more and nothing less. When you have real world proof that multiple examples of the same gun will not exceed a certain round count before being rendered “worn out” then you will have a concrete basis on which to say “this gun is junk”. At the same time, in order to prove the opposite, we will have to have multiple examples of the type that survive past a reasonable round count (whatever that is deemed to be). It is true that beyond a certain price point, you cannot build a break action gun that will withstand the volume of shooting that trapshooters typically run through their guns in any given year.

Another factor when considering firearm life is abuse. How hard are you slamming the gun shut? How heavy a load are you using on a regular basis? What about lubrication on wear points such as hinge pins etc.? How often is the gun cleaned? These are all valid points that need to be considered as well. I guarantee you that lower cost guns like these tend to be banged around more so than the more expensive Brownings, Berettas, and P and K guns. In the end, it is what you feel comfortable with and what you shoot the best with. If the CZ is working for you for now, keep shooting it and take the best of care of it. Sorry for the rant everyone, but it is intended in the utmost respect and fair mindedness. Best wishes to the OP and may you break em all!

·
Registered
72 Posts
I was looking at the all american combo pretty hard for awhile as well as the tristar combo. A guy I shoot with ended up selling a 682x combo w/ 3 barrels for a price in between the cz and tristar. I'm going with 682x. Never did get to hold cz but I still think its a nice looking combo. I only get to shoot around 1500 rds a year so I'm sure it would last me a long time but for less money I had no reason to pass on the 682x.

·
Registered
10,974 Posts
As others have stated . A fair review of a gun used for a target gun is probably north of 10,000 rounds or so. I am glad you are pleased with it so far and hope it works well for you. --------- I never posted a "REVIEW " of my old 870 TA grade( probably since when I bought it nobody had computers back then . :) But , I guess I could now . Been shooting Trap , Skeet (changing to a 26 in barrel) , Games, a little SC with it for going on 41 years now. Had to replace 2 springs, I put a total of $25.00 (including express shipping) in it until last year , when I had to have the firing pin worked and a minor repair on the trigger assy. ( another 60 bucks ). Well over 275,00 rounds through it since I bought it NIB for $190.00 . I guess I have gotten my money's worth out of the old girl.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts