Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9,154 Posts
There was a review in Trapshooting USA about the gun. You can access the article on line. IMO "some" Turkish made guns are OK but some are not. It all depends on which company makes them. Personally I like professional reviews on firearms and not "Arm Chair Quarterbacking" by someone who thinks they know at lot about a gun they have never even SEEN must less used. CZ has a pretty good reputation on imports (or at least they have in the past). My advice is seek out people who own one before you make any decision . I am never one to rush out and buy something new. If the jury is still out, I would wait until they do or don't prove themselves.

·
Registered
343 Posts
We had a kid bring one to a shoot a while back. The rib fell off and something went wrong with
the stock. I don't know if the screws just wern't tightened at the factory or what. Needless to say, the boy was not happy.

·
Registered
11,419 Posts
The new CZ All American trap guns have all the features you want in a trap gun. But it is too early to tell if they will be a good performer. Guns made in Turkey have, at best, a spotty past. If these are like their other break action shotguns, they are made by Huglu. I know the lady who Is President of CZ-USA, Alice Poluchova. They are based here in the Kansas City area. I have seen photos of the gun, including the internals, and it looks a lot like many other over/under guns. But only time will tell if the workmanship and materials they used to manufacture these guns will hold up to the wear and tear of target shooting. I hope this gun turns out to be a solid performer for CZ-USA.

If you are an occasional shooter, it may be just the thing. If you plan to shoot a LOT, there may be better choices.

·
Registered
170 Posts
We have one at our club that we use for a loaner gun. So far it has held up well with the only issue being the screw that holds the rib at the receiver. We ended up putting Loc Tite on it to fix the issue. The jury is still out on the longevity but the reviews we have gotten back have been very positive. It has become popular enough that on busy nights it rarely sits in the gun case.

·
Sky Buster
3,962 Posts
We have one at our club that we use for a loaner gun. So far it has held up well with the only issue being the screw that holds the rib at the receiver. We ended up putting Loc Tite on it to fix the issue. The jury is still out on the longevity but the reviews we have gotten back have been very positive. It has become popular enough that on busy nights it rarely sits in the gun case.
I saw the gun at the Minnesota State Shoot. I believe it was a pre-production
version. It did look respectable. One of their Pro-Staff shooters was shooting
one and he had rib problems. I don't know the specific's of the issue.

·
Registered
235 Posts
which club?

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
It would be interesting to see one...............

·
Registered
448 Posts
I have shot three different guns. I coach a young lady who is using one she has about 2k through her gun rib came loose is only problem. I do know of one young man with about 6k down the tube with no issues. We shot them all week at the the sctp nationals and did not see any of the two guns cz had go down.

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
CZ has produced very good pistols, rifles, and SXS shotguns in the past. They are making a legitimate attempt to enter the clay target market. The president of the US distributor is a competitive sporting clays shooter, and they sponsor Tom Mack, who is a top sporting clays shooter.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I just sold mine(CZ Redhead) to make room in safe. I liked mine and I received good support from CZ USA.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have a Cz 712 auto that is of very poor quality and has broken down twice on me: broken hammer and broken gas piston. Cz has fixed both quickly, but I will not buy another CZ shotgun. CZ pistols are very good.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts