Trapshooters Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Most of the comments on threads relating to the CZ seem to be from people who haven’t actually bought one. So I bought one of the CZ All American Trap Combo, and love it so far. It comes from the manufacturer pretty tight in pretty much every aspect (Allen bolts for fit up, open ending and closing action, forend during disassembly). After about 150-200 rounds these loosen up but until then you get a work out. I came from a Stevens 555 , and the CZ has been a significant upgrade in all aspects. As for shootability if your coming from a 6 lbs short field gun (28”) like me, it takes a box or two to readjust pointing speed and leads.

I chose the CZ after looking at the Browning Citori XT & Beretta 686 Onyx , the CZ felt better to me than both plus it came with the same or better warranty as the Beretta. The wood on the CZ was also significantly better than either the Browning’s or Beretta’s I looked at. Pictures of my gun are attached. I’ll update with a longer term review when I put a few thousand rounds throug it.

View attachment 1449689

The case for this is built like a tank and feels like one while carrying it.
View attachment 1449913

View attachment 1449921

View attachment 1449945
The unsingle rib adjustment is stout, I don’t foresee any issue with it loosening over time.
View attachment 1449961
On the other side of the barrel it has CZ - Kansas USA

View attachment 1449969

View attachment 1449977
This gun comes with (11) chokes: 2 C , 2 IC , 2 M, 2 F, 1 IM , 1 XF , 1 LM. Chokes are in two cases. I’ve moved (6) of them in to a (6) choke case and keep the two cylinder chokes at home.

View attachment 1449985
The forend at the beginning is a bear to get off , but gets easer with some use.

Last I bought it from the really helpful people in Lebanon , OH Country Attic Treasures
View attachment 1449993
Bought the same gun and have been very pleased with its performance so far. About 2600 rounds through it and no problems. It is a little stiff until the 1500 mark. I could afford to spend 20k on a gun but who would want to. The money you save can go towards practice which is more important.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Recently purchased my CZ All American Trap Combo also from the Country Attic. Out of the box, feels great. With minor fitting and adjusting I broke 48/50 targets after taking about a 2 year break from shooting. Curious to see how the other people who have purchased this gun are still liking theres?

·
Registered
148 Posts
We have 2 CZ red heads for club guns for new shooters maybe 1000 rounds a year after the third year stared having problems with failure to fire - light strikes. Took the guns apart for a thurrow cleaning and noticed that both guns had the mono block separating from the barrels one was almost 1/16 " the other about half that. Being out of warranty I stopped by their tent at the grand and spoke to their gunsmith, he didn't seem particularly surprised and just said send them back and if the are still under warranty they would replace them. Decided to purchase different brand after that

·
Registered
6 Posts
The Red Heads are made by Hugalu , the All American is by Akkar.

I’m on year 3 with my All American, no real complaints.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
55 Posts
I ended up getting rid of mine. After only about 1500 rounds through it, it got a little bit of rain on it one day and it took all the finish off the stock and fore end. I had it less than 6 weeks.

·
Keystone Shooter
2,068 Posts
Churchill is/was a high dollar English Best gun. Last I heard Kastner out of Harrisburg, PA had bought rights to the name, and others, and were importing Churchill shotguns that would make you cringe. Ok for the field but a single trap competition is gonna destroy the thing.
Boarded Bandit got it right. I have a Churchill Windsor III, 20 ga field gun, over under 28”chrome lined barrels, fixed chokes full on top, modified on the bottom 3” chambered. It was imported by Kassnar from Italy. It was made by Sabatti, part of the F.A.I.R. Firearms group. My dad bought it for me as a Christmas/birthday gift, in 1985. I wanted a small, light weight O/U, to hunt grouse and small game with. Great field gun. Trap, I don’t know. I guess Sabatti Shotguns have a huge following in Europe. But this Churchill the OP is talking about is made in Turkey. Not Italy. It’s NOT a Sabatti.

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
tbh I wouldn't do it. For 3k you could buy a really nice used beretta or browning. I was recently looking at CZ but a lot of negative feedback and for a little more you can get a nicer gun

41 - 50 of 50 Posts