Trapshooters Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
8,994 Posts
They are NOT! What they are is GARBAGE!
MG
I see some outstanding scores in Benchrest competition by guys shooting CZ 452's and 455's. Think what you want but, they are very accurate and look pretty good for a inexpensive target rifle. Not everyone can afford a Anschutz or in the case of shotguns K-80's. Don't be so condescending in you're application of the word "GARBAGE."

·
Premium Member
7,633 Posts
I see some outstanding scores in Benchrest competition by guys shooting CZ 452's and 455's. Think what you want but, they are very accurate and look pretty good for a inexpensive target rifle. Not everyone can afford a Anschutz or in the case of shotguns K-80's. Don't be so condescending in you're application of the word "GARBAGE."
Total Garbage is a better way of defining it! Why don't you go ahead and purchase one?
After a week of shooting it, let me know what you think. I was being nice when I said GARBAGE!
MG

·
Registered
6 Posts
Most of the comments on threads relating to the CZ seem to be from people who haven’t actually bought one. So I bought one of the CZ All American Trap Combo, and love it so far. It comes from the manufacturer pretty tight in pretty much every aspect (Allen bolts for fit up, open ending and closing action, forend during disassembly). After about 150-200 rounds these loosen up but until then you get a work out. I came from a Stevens 555 , and the CZ has been a significant upgrade in all aspects. As for shootability if your coming from a 6 lbs short field gun (28”) like me, it takes a box or two to readjust pointing speed and leads.

I chose the CZ after looking at the Browning Citori XT & Beretta 686 Onyx , the CZ felt better to me than both plus it came with the same or better warranty as the Beretta. The wood on the CZ was also significantly better than either the Browning’s or Beretta’s I looked at. Pictures of my gun are attached. I’ll update with a longer term review when I put a few thousand rounds throug it.

upload_2018-5-6_18-59-23.jpeg

The case for this is built like a tank and feels like one while carrying it.
4AD8FCB0-0455-4C08-A41F-78A94D35FB34.jpeg

46A92359-1B47-4C1A-AE2C-19C122A2750F.jpeg

3C757079-9A69-41DD-A1DC-DF8C56007573.jpeg

The unsingle rib adjustment is stout, I don’t foresee any issue with it loosening over time.
4338A707-261D-4AF1-8DBE-2EC55D2ADDCB.jpeg

On the other side of the barrel it has CZ - Kansas USA

254D568D-B527-41CF-A61A-ECB19AFEE4BD.jpeg

D9EA776A-B7F4-41F9-BCAA-2B438A938761.jpeg

This gun comes with (11) chokes: 2 C , 2 IC , 2 M, 2 F, 1 IM , 1 XF , 1 LM. Chokes are in two cases. I’ve moved (6) of them in to a (6) choke case and keep the two cylinder chokes at home.

D8660EE6-928A-4EA4-8F95-83476282FADD.jpeg

The forend at the beginning is a bear to get off , but gets easer with some use.

Last I bought it from the really helpful people in Lebanon , OH Country Attic Treasures
D2A0831B-BAC7-4795-825C-7632761039C6.jpeg

·
Premium Member
3,302 Posts
i'M LEARNING!! This thread was started in January, 2017!! I was still 77 then...now I'm several months into age 78!! Forgettaboutit! Ed

·
Registered
170 Posts
I found a CZ All American Trap Combo Churchill at my local Cabela's and I am trying to find information on them. I cannot find any official CZ documentation about the Churchill model, nor have I found anything out on the internet about this model. The thing that concerns me is that I can but a CZ All American Trap Combo for $3000 but this Churchill model has upgraded wood and an adjustable comb that the basic model does not, however the Churchill is only $2000. Not sure if I'm about to buy something I shouldn't or if I found a steal? My local CZ dealer said he has never heard of it before either.

Thanks!
If I can offer my two cents, I bought the Trap Combo brand new and CZ was nice enough to finally give me my money back after the 4th time in for repairs and light strikes. Good brand for other firearms and great customer service but unfortunate experience with the shotgun.

·
Registered
6 Posts
If I can offer my two cents, I bought the Trap Combo brand new and CZ was nice enough to finally give me my money back after the 4th time in for repairs and light strikes. Good brand for other firearms and great customer service but unfortunate experience with the shotgun.
Sorry to hear about the return.

What was this issue?

And sounds like there is good news on the customer service front at least.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Sorry to hear about the return.

What was this issue?

And sounds like there is good news on the customer service front at least.
I was having trouble with light strikes. It was hitting the primer but it wasn’t strong enough. Some brands of ammo were worse than others but it’s important to note it wasn’t just one brand. It continued to do the same thing even after they put longer firing pins in the gun.

However, I almost always dealt with the same customer service rep and the turnaround time was very quick. Very professional and always there to pick up the phone so I certainly admire them for that and I’ll never speak ill of CZ because of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
164 Posts
I played with the CZ Combo at Show Show. The gun was fairly balanced. Although, I would recommend buying a Beretta or Browning in that price range or save a little more and look for a used K80, Perazzi, or etc. If you buy the CZ and dislike it or plan to upgrade in the future you'll get pennies on the dollar compared to other guns. CZ does make wonderful guns! They're extremely well known for their handguns and rifles like the CZ75 and 455, just not their shotguns.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Buy the gun that fits you best. Adjustable comb can be added on. Gun durability comes with price. If you don't shoot much any gun will work. Remember, higher price tag doesn't mean higher scores. Look at Browning Citori CX or CXT & has been successful at our club. You need $$$ to practice.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Young lady on our team is on her second year with this gun and about 7-9k through her gun no issues other than the screw for the rib came loose until it was loc tited in place. I would not hesitate to put a kid in one of these guns. The staff at Cz are great people and will do anything for the kids.

·
Banned
2,822 Posts
I would not hesitate to put a kid in one of these guns. The staff at Cz are great people and will do anything for the kids.
But we aren't kids. We know what we want in a gun and expect a certain level of performance, quality, and reliability for our hard-earned dollars. That's why very few of us buy Turkish shotguns for serious shooting.

·
Registered
474 Posts
But we aren't kids. We know what we want in a gun and expect a certain level of performance, quality, and reliability for our hard-earned dollars. That's why very few of us buy Turkish shotguns for serious shooting.
My point was if you are only a moderate shooter this is not a bad gun. From what I have seen. I have hands on with this gun and reliability and performance is very good for what you are paying for.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts