Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a CZ All American Trap Combo Churchill at my local Cabela's and I am trying to find information on them. I cannot find any official CZ documentation about the Churchill model, nor have I found anything out on the internet about this model. The thing that concerns me is that I can but a CZ All American Trap Combo for $3000 but this Churchill model has upgraded wood and an adjustable comb that the basic model does not, however the Churchill is only $2000. Not sure if I'm about to buy something I shouldn't or if I found a steal? My local CZ dealer said he has never heard of it before either.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
I found one exactly as you described on Gunbroker. Listed for $2899.99 but got no bids, auction ended in November & item was relisted. Nice looking gun. It was the CZ all-American Churchill combo so it for sure was produced at one time. Not sure if this helps much but there you go! Colonel

It was item # 595519491

·
Registered
8,994 Posts
CZ-USA makes some quality guns for the price. Go to a big Benchrest competition sometime. CZ's are all over the place competing with Anschutz in the sporter/factory models. Extremely accurate and well made. If their shotguns are anything close to their rifles in quality their going to sell a lot of them at that price point.

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
Spend your money on a Browning or Beretta combo, price will be about the same and you'll be WAY ahead of the game.
I agree with Skeetman. The CZ is probably made in Turkey.
Spend your money on a known quantity. There are a lot of nice Beretta's, Browning's, Perazzi's, etc. for that money and you know what your getting. There is a beautiful Beretta combo in the classifieds right now for $3,000.
Listen to these guys...they are giving you good advice.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
I have two of their rifles..........a 527 in 221 fireball & a 452 .22 rimfire..................both absolute tack drivers! I have never owned one of their shotguns but the ones that I have shouldered don't impress.

·
Premium Member
7,253 Posts
I found a CZ All American Trap Combo Churchill at my local Cabela's and I am trying to find information on them. I cannot find any official CZ documentation about the Churchill model, nor have I found anything out on the internet about this model. The thing that concerns me is that I can but a CZ All American Trap Combo for $3000 but this Churchill model has upgraded wood and an adjustable comb that the basic model does not, however the Churchill is only $2000. Not sure if I'm about to buy something I shouldn't or if I found a steal? My local CZ dealer said he has never heard of it before either.

Thanks!
Run in the opposite direction!
MG

·
Premium Member
7,253 Posts
CZ-USA makes some quality guns for the price. Go to a big Benchrest competition sometime. CZ's are all over the place competing with Anschutz in the sporter/factory models. Extremely accurate and well made. If their shotguns are anything close to their rifles in quality their going to sell a lot of them at that price point.
They are NOT! What they are is GARBAGE!
MG

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
how many "All Americans" are shooting CZ shotguns? The answer to that question will tell you allot about the question you asked about purchasing the combo.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Keep in mind some gunsmiths won't even look at the lesser quality guns. I have a Franchi o/u that I wanted the trigger pull lightened on and my local gunsmith wouldn't look at it, he said it was a crude design and the inner workings were made out of soft cheap metal. The trigger pull is 4.5 lb. on the bottom barrel and 4 lb. on the top.

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
how many "All Americans" are shooting CZ shotguns? The answer to that question will tell you allot about the question you asked about purchasing the combo.
Do a search for the answer and you know what will happen? It will be a waste of time. You're not going to find any All Americans competing with CZ shotguns.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Churchill is/was a high dollar English Best gun. Last I heard Kastner out of Harrisburg, PA had bought rights to the name, and others, and were importing Churchill shotguns that would make you cringe. Ok for the field but a single trap competition is gonna destroy the thing.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts