Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for info on the CZ All American Single barrel trap gun . they look nice but , was wandering if anyone has had one and how are they holding up . thanks Kevin

·
Registered
1 Posts
looking for info on the CZ All American Single barrel trap gun . they look nice but , was wandering if anyone has had one and how are they holding up . thanks Kevin
I have both guns...I and several of my friends purchased CZ All American Single Barrel trap last year. The Browning is a nice gun... no complaints. Personally I like the feel of the CZ better than I do my Browning. The gun is solid and has every adjustment you could possibly want in a trap gun. I have about 3000 rounds through mine...have a buddy that has about 5000 through his. While that is a small sample in comparison to what I have fired through my Berettas and Brownings, I am very happy with it thus far..... for the money there is not a gun on the market with the features this one has.
My advice.... get one in your hands and have a look at it..... I am enjoying mine.

·
Administrator
8,591 Posts
I have had a bit of experience with the CZ and some other models in their product line. There is also a local club member who has one. The local club member went from a 1100 comp. to the CZ and is doing ok with the CZ in respects to not having any function /reliability issues. As far as being super satisfied he recently purchased a used Ljutic.

For me the All American looks like a great trap gun but up close Im not overwhelmed with the balance and how it points but that is just me. There is a lady shooter at our local club who purchased as CZ O/U sporter and was wondering why she was struggling to his 16 yard targets with the full choke in the top BL. We took it to the pattern board and it pattered extremely loose so gauged the choke and it was more in the IC category than full so being that she likes to use 1 oz loads that made it even more difficult for her.

Ultimately she contacted CZ sent the choke back and they sent another one that measured to spec.

If I was in your shoes I would be looking at the used market to address finding the price point you might be interested in as there a so many great buys on trap guns from Berettas/Browning 725s/Ljutics etc. Make a list of things that you feel are a Need more than a want for a trap gun and start your search for a Quality used shotgun and you will not be sorry.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I was eyeballing the cz all american single really hard when I was in between trap guns, you will hear 'just go with a bt-99, not much more money,resale is better...yada yada' which there is some truth to, however when you price out bt-99's that have the same adjustability the price difference is fairly far apart, as with anything you can sniff out deals if you are patient.
If you are a casual trap shooter (shoot a couple rounds a week, a few fun shoots and maybe even 1 or two registered shoots a year) the cz will hold up just fine from judging from what I have seen from club member's experiences...and if something does break or is out of whack, good customer service is there it sounds like.
Now when it comes to high volume shooting, I couldn't really find any sound long term info on how they hold up with some serious rounds down the pipe and that's the only thing that kept me from pulling the trigger on one (that and I got a heck of a deal on something else at the time) when I recover from my purchase I still may pick one up.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I started shooting serious trap last year and wanted a combo so I bought the CZ. I shot it for six months and put about 5,000 rounds through it. Then I bought a Browning 725 and haven't looked back. The CZ is not a bad gun and I never had an issue with it. I just like the Browning more.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts