Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Premium Member
12,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know for sure what size o-ring this gun uses? I asked CZ and they just sent me some new ones, no charge.

This is the older style that the o-ring is placed on the magazine tube, like an 1100. The newer ones have an o-ring groove in the barrel lug.

It looks to be about 3/4" ID, 7/8" OD and 1/16" cross section.

Surprisingly, this is a pretty nice, lightweight gun to carry for pheasant hunting.

Until recently, it had been very reliable, but I had a few times where I missed a second shot. It ejects the spent hull and loads a new shell, but the bolt is not fully closing.

I'm going to try a new o-ring first. If that doesn't work, I'll pull it apart and clean it again.

If that doesn't work, the good news is CZ is here in the KC metro area and I'll just take it in to them.

· Premium Member
15,951 Posts
I would suspect it is metric in dimension - but that is a guess.

I gave up trying to get sizing information from manufacturers... I have sizing diagrams and just find it that way.

· Premium Member
15,951 Posts
Yeah, I know McMaster/Carr - I think I got the O-ring diagrams from them. You can try MSC as well. But until you know the exact size you are SOL.

Once you know the size call these guys - O-Rings - Standard AS568, ISO 3601 | Apple Rubber Products

I went through this with the O-rings for Chambermates. Once we found a close size a call to Apple Rubber and they sent an assortment from which we picked the correct ones, I ordered a box (500? 1000?) for about one half a cent apiece.

· Premium Member
12,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's really close to a 018.

I went through this with the O-rings for Chambermates.
What size did you end up with for the Chambermates (Seminole, right?) I have a 20 gauge set and I still have a few o-rings left.

· Premium Member
15,951 Posts
I have 12 to 20 and 12 to 28. They take different sized O-rings (go figure).

I finally got the specific dimension from Chambermate - and I think they have switched to Apple Rubber for their supplier after the conversation I had with their tech department. It was more an issue of material than being able to supply a specific size of O-ring.

Let me dig around and find the box.

D

Reactions: timb99

· Premium Member
12,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, my Seminole Chambermates are 12-to-20. Are they even still in business? I thought the proprietor died and the company went away...

I have a set of Briley Sidekicks in 12-to-28, and I use plumber's tape on them to seal the chamber, otherwise a LOT of soot gets back to the breech face. Some day I might take them to a machine shop and have someone cut an O-ring groove in them like the Chambermates have.

As far as materials, I think Viton is far superior to Neoprene. But also much more expensive. You can get Viton O-Rings at NAPA auto parts stores. Online is another option.

I can't remember what Remington uses for the 1100/1187.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.