Trapshooters Forum banner

Cynergy with light primer hits

3243 Views 15 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  philk
I have a new Browning Cynergy that 4-8 times per hundred will have light primer hits. I'm wanting to know if anyone else has had this happen? I've taken the stock off and cleaned the mechanical part but that didn't help.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
I have shot my Cynergy combo for 2 years now with about 5k rounds. I have never had a light hit on the primer. But I have been having ejector issues 4 or 5 times through a match it will not throw the shell but only lift it with a strange poping noise. Any thoughts before I remove the stock and clean the trigger asembly?.

· Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have 2, a 12 ga field model that works perfectly and this one is a 28 ga that is having problems. I took it out again last night and it worked fine for 50 rounds then acted up 5 times in a row, then it run 75 more flawlessly. I don't know whether to shoot it some more in hopes something will wear in or send it back now.

· Premium Member
4,564 Posts
Barry===== the gun clubs shells manufactured after about april 15th of 2009 now use the sts primers. for the past several years they used a steel primer cup with brass coating. they had a bunch of problems with them. the date code on the box atarts with a c,d or e and those ar ethebad ones. some of the c's were ok but most of the d and e's were bad.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.