Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Cynergy Sportsmans Special with composite stock. I use it for everything - trap, sporting clays, skeet, ducks and geese. It is 7 years old and I have put through about 20,000 rounds. This week after sporting clays I went to wobble trap and discovered after getting to the line that I had forgotten to change to tighter chokes so I changed over to the top barrel which had the tighter choke. After firing, the release lever had jumped to the right on its own and the barrels were partly open. I removed the empty and reloaded without fully breaking the barrels. On the next shot the trigger pulled back normally but nothing happened - no click and no bang. It seemed that it had not reset properly. The automatic opening of the barrels happened about 5 times during the round. Only if I opened the barrels fully and firmly ejected the empty instead of pulling it out - would the trigger would work properly. I made sure after the first time that the barrels were completely and fully closed - but they still released on their own.
Has anyone had this problem? I phoned 2 local gunsmiths but they had not heard of this before. It is not a ammo problem - I have tried hand loads, Winchester, Kent and Challenger (a Canadian brand) and it happened with all of them. This opening problem does not happen if the lower barrel is fired first, nor does it happen if doubles are shot. I cleaned the cocking and locking lugs and everything you can see in the open magazine with Remington action cleaner and it still happens. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Locking block and all new springs. I don't know if he has them but you might try Jim Flynn on this site. He is a supporting vendor and has quality springs and firing pins.

·
Registered
685 Posts
+5 for locking block and springs, time for for TLC

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
20,000 rounds doesn't sound like that much to me. Maybe a new latch spring might cure the problem but I am not a gunsmith. I would send it to Browning as long as you are in no hurry for the repair.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone. Its good when there is a general consensus on an issue. I'll let you know how it went after it is fixed. The wait time for a gunsmith around here is 3-4 weeks or longer if parts need to be imported. Thankfully I have a Browning Silver Hunter to use this duck/goose season. Our waterfowl season starts next week - Sept 1 - Can't wait.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts