Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
9,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello:
For Christmas, I received a gift certificate for a local restaurant. My wife suggested we use it and go for breakfast one morning.

The waitress seats us at a nice table by the window and we than order. The place is very busy and not many open tables. She than seats a gentleman carrying two large briefcases that sits across from us.

He sets up the table for four like he's in his office at work. Two laptops, some gadget plugged into some other type of machine I never saw before, four large stacks of papers, and two cell phones.

He starts making business phone calls on one phone while the other phone is ringing and he is conducting business like he's in an office. The entire section of customers had to endure his yelling at some employee, dishing out orders, while putting on a show for everyone like he is Michael Douglas in the movie Wall street.

He was so loud that most customers including ourselves could not even hold a normal conversation. The waitress comes and attempts to take his order and he raises his finger to indicate to give him a moment to finish his conversation.

After all this, he orders a large coffee. This is BS, ruining everyone's breakfast so he could sit on his arse and work. I wanted to say something to this guy but my wife said let's just leave.

As I was paying the bill at the front of the restaurant I saw my waitress and complained. She said this same guy comes in at least twice per week and just orders coffee and and stays roughly one to two hours and works.

She said numerous customers have complained that he speaks so loud that they have trouble having a normal conversation. I asked to speak to the manager and he was not available.

Have you ever been at a restaurant where people are using cell phones and talking so loud that it ruins your meal? I hope this is not going to be the norm in this day and age?
Steve Balistreri
Wauwatosa Wisconsin

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
This customer gets away with his posing and generally being an a$$hole because the restaraunt manager allows it. Call the manager and if it's a chain outfit, go above his/her head to corporate. Make sure they understand they are losing customers over a coffee drinker.

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
Vote with your wallet but let the manager know why.

·
Registered
14,697 Posts
Bring the grand kids next time and sit right by him. Don't tell the kids to "keep it down". In fact, encourage the kids to have fun.

·
Registered
9,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would sure hate to get on some of your bad sides. Before I met my wife I had a very bad temper. As a young man I was a lot different than I am today. Age has seemed to mellow me a bit. My wife taught me to walk away, but truth be told some of these meat heads need to get slapped up beside their heads.

The other day I had a young woman actually give me the finger as I was driving. I have no idea why, as I could not believe a 19 or 20 year old young woman would even due something like that?

If I did something wrong as a kid my father would not give me what they call today a "time out". Maybe he did, it was a time out with his belt. Some of the younger parents on this site will probably disagree with me, but some want to be friends with their children instead of being a parent.

I always told my kids "I'm not one of your friends, I'm your father. I believe a child needs to be afraid of the consequences of their actions. If some of our parents were alive and raising us today, Social Services would probably be called on them.
Steve

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Menendez ruined my breakfast. I took my wife to the hospital for shoulder surgery. While she was in surgery, I went to a nearby diner for breakfast. I sat at a booth and ordered a full breakfast of bacon, eggs, coffee and an English muffin.

As I waited for my food, NJ Senator Bob Menendez walked in with another man. They were greeted by a number of people and walked towards the back of the diner. I assumed that they would probably pick a rear table so as not to be disturbed. Instead, they sat in the booth next to me with Menendez and I separated by a thin sheet of formica covered plywood. I immediately lost my appetite. I picked at my special breakfast and left within a couple of minutes. What a memorable breakfast! Then the SOB gets re-elected!

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
<i>" Bring the grand kids next time sit right by him. Don't tell the kids to "keep it down". In fact, encourage the kids to have fun."</i>

Sugar them up first with candy and a pitcher of Kool-Aid with three extra scoops of sugar.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
"If I did something wrong as a kid my father would not give me what they call today a "time out". Maybe he did, it was a time out with his belt. Some of the younger parents on this site will probably disagree with me, but some want to be friends with their children instead of being a parent.

I always told my kids "I'm not one of your friends, I'm your father. I believe a child needs to be afraid of the consequences of their actions. If some of our parents were alive and raising us today, Social Services would probably be called on them. Steve "

Couldn't agree with you more, I remember back in the day when I was afraid of some of my teachers and if mom and dad found out, well you were really on trouble.................fast forward to this day in age and everything is soo fricking PC it's unreal, the liberals are running this country into the ground.....

·
Banned
7,659 Posts
Spill some coffee or something on his laptop--He'll get the message--when you say, zoo ,sorry I tripped.

Phil Berkowitz

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
I'm with hippie on this one....I would have told the guy he was more than welcome to sit at the table but have some consideration for the rest of us and iff he couldn't do that he was more than welcome to leave.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Birddog
That guy with menendez was probably that Florida eye doctor that set him up with those Dominican hookers.

Doug

·
Thorn in your side
8,112 Posts
I'm with hippie, I would have told him to keep quiet or get the H OUT! I am a paying customer and I didn't come to listen to his B.S. Absolutely no need for that type of behavior.

He will never stop unless someone stops him.

·
Registered
15,958 Posts
SS,

You should stay out of George Webb's.

remdog1187_2009_0104504.jpg

·
Registered
4,410 Posts
Had that happen to us one time. We went out to dinner and the guy behind us was on his cell phone ... talking very loudly ... and some of it was quite gross!

I looked at the waitress and all she could do was shrug her shoulders. So ......

I got up and turned around and quietly told him "Put the phone away or go outside ... before I take it away from you and shove it up your ass!"

He told the other party,"Talk to you later!" And put the phone in his pocket.

Ya just gotta talk in terms that they understand!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts