Trapshooters Forum banner

Curious Hull Markings

3111 Views 21 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  Johnny
This old AA International is marked:

3 1/4 - 1 1/4 - 8N

I'm curious what the "N" stands for after the #8 shot size.

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Premium Member
Krieghoff K-80 standard trap (32"/34" unsingle) & Beretta ASE-90 (29 1/2" tubed set)
928 Posts
I have a few boxes of some shells like this, possibly older. They are 3 1/4 Dram, 1 1/8 ounces of Nickel-Plated shot, marked "International" load on the old white AA box with the red square in the middle. The ink printing on the hull is silver. I "think" these shells are from the early '60's or '70's. Not quite sure, but I believe them to be the loads that used to be used in Olympic Bunker Trap, BEFORE they started reducing the shot charge, however many years ago that has been.

The "bullet Board" at the bottom of the pictures is one of 6 I have, each one has a different individual shell. Some only subtle differences (i.e.: shot size) but others are probably the last of their kind !

· Premium Member
Krieghoff K-80 standard trap (32"/34" unsingle) & Beretta ASE-90 (29 1/2" tubed set)
928 Posts
Nice collection jbmi. I bought a few of the MTM "bullet boards" and have at least 4 of them filled up, each with a different shell. Each holds 42 different shells. I do have some black "AA"'s but don't know where they are !!! LOL. I actually picked them up at a shoot (an older shooter was throwing them away) and reloaded them, and now people have ask for some, and I don't know which flat they are in ! I'll try and get some individual shots of the bullet boards I have created. MH*

· Registered
21,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Mine is a work in progress. I have quite a few boxes full if hulls that I intend on displaying as soon as I finish my larger display rack. AA's account for most of mine although I collect any hulls that are different.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.