Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had an interesting thing happen to me yesterday. Our club had reloading supplies delivered and after we got the truck unloaded and on it's way a CT State Trooper pulls up and asked to see our paperwork and wanted to know what we had delivered. Well we only had wads and shot delivered. After about 20 minutes of talking to him and him walking around our stuff checking thing out and saying that as of Oct 1st you need a license to buy ammo he left. IN my 20 years of having supplies delivered to our club that was the first time we had a visitor from the police stop and check our paperwork. Our club is on a dead end road with hardly any traffic so it just gave me a weird feeling. I still feel weird about it. BIG BROTHER or What

George Ware

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
George, I guess that shows they are out to enforce the new laws. I am not familiar with all of them but do know that in order to shoot in your state I need to bring my own ammo with me.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HMB
Ammo is factory made and we use to buy it and sell it at our club. We only had shot and wads. But I think he was looking to see if we were selling to people without a license. We buy so that our club can provide reloading supplies for our shooters. When Connecticut imposed there new guns and ammo laws in Oct our shooter attendance dropped in half. The new shooter who wanted to try it couldn't because he could not go down to the local Wally world and buy a box of shells to try it He had to get his license first. Like Bob said you need to bring your own ammo in order to shoot in CT. Mass is the same way.

George Ware

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
Get used to it. As a gun owner you are now the new negro in the eyes of the government, and will be treated accordingly. "What 'chu boys doing wit' all that ammo? Git'cher papers out, boys. Oh, back sass? We going fo' a little ride to git'cher mind right, boy."

·
Registered
7,682 Posts
CT, MA, NY, NJ, and part of Maryland have more strict firearm laws than California.

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
It's like a sick liberal contest to see which oppressive state can out oppress the others.

·
Registered
7,593 Posts
"Mass is the same way."

George it never has been that way in Mass I have always bought ammo where ever I wished. I use to buy it in CT but of course I realize that we can't do that anymore

There haven't been any new gun laws passed in MA that I know of.

Bob Lawless

·
Registered
622 Posts
How did this cop know the club had a delivery?

This is some scary stuff. It's a gun club, what do they expect you to have?

I foresee a deterioration in the relations between the police and clubs if this is how Connecticut police are going to treat them.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ivanhoe
If you don't have an FID card in MA you can't buy ammo or a firearm and only a MA resident can get an FID card. MA had the law way before CT had it. As far as I know selling reloading supplies in the state is a no no also. Just try and buy some reloading supplies from Graf or Recob they won't ship to Mass. They don't want to deal with the hassle.

George Ware

1 - 12 of 12 Posts