Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can not decide which one for singles and handicap. Anyone else made a decision for one over the other and why?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Over under. I have shot the bt and own the crossover. the double to me is the best route simply because you can shoot all venues with same gun skeet,trap,trap doubles,5 stand, and sporting clays. To me shooting the same gun is cheaper and to me its easier that i dont have to switch guns to change games. Good luck in whatever you choose both great guns.

·
Banned
197 Posts
Depending on how far back you'll be shooting, the BT-99 will most likely outperform the crossover. I have a friend the owns a crossover (I recommended it to him, believe it or not) and from the 24yd line back he pretty much has to cover the target with the bead because the gun shoots relatively flat.

The crossover is 60/40, the BT is (most likely) 70/30 or 80/20 or adjustable depending on the model. The BT-99 is nothing but a trap gun, the crossover is sort of an all-around mash up.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Crossover gives you more growth into other shotgun events, doubles, 5 stand or skeet. I have this year's model which shoots great with 30" barrel. Shot thousands of shells thru last years model. Have fun and don't limit yourself. JMO

·
Registered
11,135 Posts
Do you want to have to buy another shotgun to shoot other games??? Can you afford to buy another shotgun to shoot all games??? Even if you only want to shoot Trap right now!!! Are you absolutely sure you will never-ever want to shoot other games in the future??? After you answer those questions truthfully, You'll have your answer---Then go buy your new shotgun. Good Luck and break em all. Jeff

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
If you want to shoot Trap singles and hcp then buy the BT 99. If someday you want to shoot doubles too, sell the BT and get a combo Trap gun. Put the Crossover in the safe for those days you want to take a friend or go shoot one of the other disciplines.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Bought the crossover shot it for a while and had a chance to shoot a Bt-99 crossover is now a backup gun.
Night and day difference between the two if I had it to do over would by the Bt-99 first and think about doubles later
Personally shot doubles a couple of times and don't care for them much but that's me.

·
Registered
593 Posts
The crossover is 60/40 with stacked beads.It will shoot a little higher or lower depending on how you mount and face structure.My Crossover(30 inch) shoots higher due to those two factors.The stock has 1/2 slope from front to back.It has small palm swell which I like( bt has no swell).I see MANY good shooters shooting o/u for singles.

joe

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Bout decided on a new BT 99 80/20 from Guns Unlimited. Have a Benelli Sport II for doubles/ Sporting etc..thanks for all the input. All good points.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
The wife and I both LOVE our Crossover's but when we shoot trap, we go back to our 99's...unless my Crossover is dirty then I sometimes use it to save cleaning another one.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Go with he BT99 Or a BT100 if you can find one. The trigger pull is light years beyond that of the crossover. Trigger pull matters!!!

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
I purchased a new CX (cross-over) and have been shooting it for over a month. I quit registered trap last year but still shoot practice with a group twice a week.

The gun is one of the best sporting clays and skeet guns I’ve owned, but no very good as a trap gun.

If I still shot registered trap I wouldn’t have selected the gun, but I like shooting everything so I’ll allow my trap scores to suffer.

If I need to shoot clean trap rounds I'll break out the old 870tb..But I'm just shooting for fun now.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts