Crossfire Eliminator | Trap Shooters Forum

Crossfire Eliminator

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Mike Stevens, Sep 17, 2014.

1. Mike Stevens

Mike Stevens Member

Out looking for some advice...when I mount the gun I currently close my left eye to line up the beads, then I open my left eye, set my eyes and call for the bird... I am a two eye shooter. I was wondering if anyone had any feedback on the Vari-Brite-Site 3 Crossfire Eliminator and if they thought that this would eliminate the closing of my left eye when in the mount?

2. cloud_of_8s

cloud_of_8s Member

I don't use the vari- rite model just the regular crossfire eliminator from meadow industries. Yes it does work and will eliminate closing the eye.

3. buck1960

buck1960 TS Member

It does not work for me.

4. mike campbell

mike campbell Well-Known Member

I can't answer your question, but I'd suggest can keep doing as you are as long as you don't have to wiggle, contort or struggle to get that alignment you're seeking...AND...then successfully refocus your eyes to your preferred area before calling.

Your goal is to have proper alignment before calling. I suggest your second goal should be to have your gun fit so perfectly that you can mount with your eyes closed, visualize the traphouse, open your master eye and see exactly the picture you want...101 times in a row. If you try it and find that you have to make adjustments to grip or cheek pressure, your gun doesn't fit adequately. If you only rarely have to make a slight adjustment, practice-mounting may be all you need. When you can do it virtually every single time,

1) Your gun fits
    2) You'll have supreme confidence your gun fits
    3) You'll have less to think about in the seconds it takes to mount, settle and call
    4) You've eliminated not only a possible distraction during that critical period but greatly reduced the likelihood of failure to have your eyes properly focused where they need to be
    5) Try a practice round while first soft focusing just beyond the traphouse, then mounting your gun without bringing any part of it into hard focus, holding that focus while adjusting your hold point, then calling.

perazziuser thanked this.
  5. smokintom

smokintom Well-Known Member

Meadow Industries.

6. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I like the Champion Easy Hit. Get the longer one. It comes in several diameters and colors.

Search tags for this page
cross fire eliminator

crossfire eliminator

easyhit vs vari-brite-site 3 crossfire eliminator
meadow industries crossfire eliminator
shotgun crossfire eliminator rib feedback

vari brite site 3 crossfire eliminator

vari brite site 3 crossfire eliminator review
vari-brite-site 3 crossfire eliminator