Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When to renew my Ohio drivers license this morning and the kind lady said she can not renew it as there is a block from the great state of Chicago (Illinois). They say there is a unpaid driving violation with someone with my name and same birthday. I have lived in Ohio my whole life and never have driven a automobile in Illinois. I have only been to there airports. So I have to call them Monday and try to get there mistake corrected. I know I am dealing with incompetent people who are so stinking crooked. So I am guilty until proven innocent.

·
Registered
16,622 Posts
You might want to go to whoever issued the violation and check if anyother parts of your identity have been compromised, like your Social Security number.

You should be able to access the court records. I don't know about Illinois, but in Wisconsin we can get case numbers, judges, dates of conviction, etc.

HM

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
The exact same thing happened to my wife (we're in OH) with someone in IL with the same name. Took a bunch of phone calls to get it all fixed.

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Chi-town used to be notorious for "phantom parking tickets". Not sure whether they were accidentally transposing numbers, or were doing it deliberately, but out of the blue you'd get a letter demanding payment based on your license plate number. If you were willing to contest it, they would back down. A guy in the local rag had a section in his column every week with bogus Chicago parking ticket stories. He would run interference for the victim and had essentially a 100% success rate.

Looks like the jokers have a new angle.

Bob Falfa

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
Could also happen if you sold a vehicle and the plates remained with the new owner. Some states do not require plates to be turned in when the vehicle is sold, and this is one of the potential issues with that.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
hmb,

these computers are amazing after all the data gets input, they talk to each other when WE are asleep.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Why do cops target DUI or DWI? My thought, only, my thought, a taxpayer opinion. You or I get stopped for DWI, we pay courts, insurance, etc Hundreds to be good citizens...
If they arrest a dope dealer,, WE the same taxpayer pay to prosecute, defend, feed, rehabilitate, this person.
Who's pocket do they target?
DaveB Ohio
P.S. 458 feel free to respond

·
Registered
125 Posts
As a former school superintendent our school district in Indiana received a letter from the Dept of Trans in IL that stated we owed tolls that had not been paid. We knew this was not true because we had no vehicles traveling in IL. We asked for a picture of the vehicle which turned out to be a truck we did not have in our fleet. We called and told the people at the DOT of the situation and that the license plate on the truck was not registered to our school district. With on key stroke to the computer on the IL end the issue was resolved.

I hope it goes as well for you on Monday.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hmb
My thoughts are the same. How can Illinois put a block on me renewing my drivers license in Ohio. I have been living in Ohio my whole life. So I will also be calling my OBMV for a straight answer on why is Ohio allowing Illinois to bother Ohio citizens.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Had a friend who got a speeding ticket in the mail from Penn Turnpike authority and he denied he had ever been there. He lives in Kentucky. He said in a short time they sent him an 8X10 color picture of him driving his car and the little stats in the corner said he was going 85mph. He said he sent them the money and told me when he was driving home from working on the mills in Pittsberg he would be more careful in the future. Better hope they don't have you on camera. Just saying.:) Good luck with it. Dan

·
Registered
613 Posts
Better yet, We filed Ill. taxes last year as married filing jointly. The dummies sent a letter stating they could not accept the tax return as submitted as I was deceased. We then filed married filing separately. My wife got her refund in 6 wk.s. I am fighting now because the state claims my withholding was not paid. I have sent copies twice. Still waiting! These people must be of the same ilk as Odumbo.

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
I would have fought that one to the mat.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts