Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interesting reading today.

Target store credit card information that was stolen is online on underground boards that sell such information. Card information is going for $20 - $100 each, per bundle of 1,000,000. Little likely hope of anyone being prosecuted.

Normally card information in the USA goes for around $14 per cardholder. Higher fee if SS number is also provided.

Also, today NYC cops busted three individuals after they ran a light. A gun was observed. Search of vehicle found $20,000 worth of Apple equipment purchased with Gift Cards. Gift cards purchased using stolen credit card information. Cops could not say if it was credit card information stolen from Target!

---------------

If your not in the habit of checking your statement.....

Just last week I found an almost $3000 charge on my account.

Charge deleted and new card issued!

·
Registered
13,590 Posts
I've had my CC info stolen a few times. Got the money back in the case of a debit card (or the charge removed in the case of a credit card) but its a HUGE pain (and can tie up your $ for a week or more).

Most recently I had my Paypal card info stolen. Apparently the fact that according to the charges, I was in LA one minute, and in London the next didn't set off any red flags. Luckily I get email notifications every time I use the card, so I was able to shut it down pretty quickly.

I wonder who gets left holding the bag when someone fraudulently uses your CC. Its not the consumer, and its probably not the CC company, so the only one left is the merchant that unknowingly took the stolen CC info.

Assuming product actually left their possession, does that mean they are SOL? I would guess so.

Guess that's just the cost of doing business for those who accept credit cards...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts