Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My local club is in the process of setting up for processing of credit cards for target fees. At our last meeting we briefly discussed credit card processing and related fees, and are concerned, since we are new to the credit card game, and want to have a good start setting up the system, including the bank interface.

For those having experience with this process, what companies and banks are you using, and what are the positives and negatives that you have experienced?

Looking forward to your input and thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
After yesterday’s post regarding clubs that do/do not take plastic, this is a good follow up. The companies that are easy or horrible to deal with will be exposed and help the rest of us the next time this comes up at a BoD meeting.

I’ll be watching...

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Make sure you find out what their processing fees are and if they have a per swipe fee as it’s different between companies.

·
Premium Member
12,913 Posts
Don't just look at the 'per swipe' fees.

Lots of companies have incidental charges, fees if you do not have enough swipes (or too many swipes) per month, maintenance fees, etc. Work through multiple scenarios to figure what your monthly outlay will be to them.

I guess in the firearms field you want to know if they are 'gun friendly' to boot.

Reactions: Superglide

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Some of the fees you as the merchant do not have any control over because the fee varies by the card. Even all VISA cards don't charge the same fees to the merchant. Cards like American Express can be high.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts