Trapshooters Forum banner

Creative Reloading Solutions Ultimate Primer Punch

5650 Views 28 Replies 20 Participants Last post by  PaulCISSA
Well, got several of these in. Have been waiting for a new batch in 28 ga. My goal was to make Eurotrash hulls with oversized primer pockets work with standard primers. I do not shoot steel primers in the Krieghoff 4 barrel set.

Put the punch on the press, made a very minor adjustment, and by Golly, it works! I have a huge quantity of Eurotrash 28's. Seems the AA and STS 28 ga spigot has been turned off locally.

Then I discovered that the punch does a lot more. It does make the wad monumentally easier to seat. It does straighten out a hull that has been stepped on, to a certain extent.

It does everything the inventor says it does, and will be the easiest thing to adjust on a MEC press. I have corresponded with Rudy, and he is a very nice, very savvy guy. Delivery was super quick.

My only downside is that I have over a dozen MEC loaders, and I want the UPP on all of them!

Check the video on the site to see how it works.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Premium Member
128 Posts
I have a UPP on my 12 gauge MEC 9000E & Hornady 366 as well as my 28 gauge MEC 9000E and Hornady 366 presses. Adding the UPP for my 410 SizeMaster for a total of five. If I switch 410 reloading to my PW 375C, I will inquire about fabricating an adapter for a UPP. As Rudy claims UPP makes reloading easier, especially when dealing with well worn 28 gauge hulls.

· Premium Member
128 Posts
Buzzj,

You would need to ask Rudy @ Creative Reloading Solutions about your PW900. I have looked at my PW 375C and think a female threaded sleeve adapter with wrench flats could work but I would lose top access to the punch depth seating screw in the top of the UPP when installed in the press. The UPP would work well but without full functionally as designed. I am sure the same situation would apply to your PW900.

· Registered
5,684 Posts
I watched the video, have watched it before. What exactly is involved in reconditioning the primer pocket? I think I have even made references to this tool vs BPs whack a mole primer pocket swager, but exactly how does this punch do its magic? I’ve got pallets of the old blue RIO hulls left yet to reload, and we may never see RIO primers if things don’t straighten out. And don’t tell me Cheddites will fit, cause they are euro primers too, they don’t.

· Premium Member
128 Posts
I watched the video, have watched it before. What exactly is involved in reconditioning the primer pocket? I think I have even made references to this tool vs BPs whack a mole primer pocket swager, but exactly how does this punch do its magic? I’ve got pallets of the old blue RIO hulls left yet to reload, and we may never see RIO primers if things don’t straighten out. And don’t tell me Cheddites will fit, cause they are euro primers too, they don’t.
I use the UPP for it's hull mouth flaring and have not extensively used the primer pocket conditioner tip. From what I have read and observed the UPP compresses the hulls plastic base surrounding the primer pocket providing a tighter fit for new primers during hull de-priming. This saves from conditioning hull primer pockets as a separate step. Slightly increases the force required during de-priming. It does not reduce the primer pocket of the hull's brass/steel case. Probably prevents primers from falling out but preventing/reducing gas venting from the reconditioned primer pocket is questionable.

Hope this answers your question.

· Banned
9,591 Posts
As you know,, Cheddites will not fit, they are manufactured to US specifications, not Euro.
If you are in need of Rio primers, P.M. me for info on where to get them.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.