Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure how winter has treated those in the other 49 states, but in Ohio it has been a rollercoaster to say the least. Yesterday it was 74* F in NE Ohio. Thursday was around 70* F.

Thursday evening at my local club we had a practice night and meat shoot. Opened the club up at 4:25 pm, set up and what not. Shot a practice 16s myself, had a 24 which wasn't bad for cruddy lighting conditions (excuses). Had another guy show up at 4:45 pm. Two cars in the lot. We patterned his gun and what not after I finished my round by 5:10 pm. Shooters started showing up by 5:30, the lot was full by 6:15 pm and even fuller by 7:00 pm, we had people complaining about the walk in haha. Record turn out between trap and indoor .22 cal relay shoots. We had around 40 shooters for trap and 20-25 for .22 cal relay shoots (didn't get the true number). Our parking lot was at a maximum since late September with gun owners. Very successful night for our club. Was like the "old-days" almost.

We had people that haven't been out in years show up, we had new shooters and the like.

Any other clubs experience record turn outs with the warm weather?

The club actually made decent money combined on a Thursday for the first time in a while.

·
Registered
10,355 Posts
I was at the club today shooting and the temp went up to 92 degree's for a high today. Boy what a heat wave this week down here. I hope we can get some more cold fronts before winter is gone, but the coldest days this winter may be behind us now. break em all Jeff

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
It is still February ,but here in central MD we had allmost a week in the seventes .On Saturday withhin 1 hour the tems. dropped about 25 deg.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Trying to boil maple sap, but we went from nearly 2' of snow on the ground a week ago to 60-70's for four days, snow gone now and without freeze thaw cycle the sap stopped flowing, although last night got cold again and voila, 65 gallons of sap collected tonight!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts